Windows 8 Development Conference

• Windows 8 Development Conference

I was just watching the live conference for Windows 8, I actually haven't finished but their website doesn't want to load the rest and I was probably 30 minutes behind, who knows. All I can say is, the OS looks amazing from so many different aspects. And even though I'm no developer I'm sure some if not all (unless they're anti-Windows) is stoked to try the OS out.
    • Re: Windows 8 Development Conferance

I've read that a lot of development will focus on HTML5 and JavaScript, which is awesome for me.

Know any sites that have video of the conference? I can't seem to find anything really. Mostly just tech sites giving reviews but I want to see the actual conference.

Dexter. wrote:

Can anyone download the thingie from windows' site at 8PM PDT?

The Windows Developer Preview? I'm downloading it now. Might install it in a VM if it will.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

Cool, thanks man.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Hipster wrote:

I thought Windows 8 would be for tablets/phones/etc?

Matt wrote:

It's designed to work on any platform with no compromise. So even keyboard users like myself who aren't find in touch screen for the PC can still feel comfortable with it.

There's no hiding that Microsoft had tablets and phones at their forefront when developing Windows 8, but it's also designed for use on standard PCs and laptops/netbooks.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

And for fuck sake I hate Silverlight. I accidentally went from full screen to normal size and now I can't get the video to play again, even if I load it into a different browser. I don't even know why Microsoft is bothering with this shit. HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery are quickly making this shit obsolete.
      - George Carlin

DamnImGood wrote:

There's no hiding that Microsoft had tablets and phones at their forefront when developing Windows 8, but it's also designed for use on standard PCs and laptops/netbooks.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

And for fuck sake I hate Silverlight. I accidentally went from full screen to normal size and now I can't get the video to play again, even if I load it into a different browser. I don't even know why Microsoft is bothering with this shit. HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery are quickly making this shit obsolete.

Yeah true, I'm glad though that they still considered the rest of us rather than stick to mobile devices and such. And I had an issue with loading the video earlier, switching from full to normal was fine but it randomly cut off and I just assumed they were up to something. I watched he rest off the video on my iPod, worked perfectly fine; though it's not good watching it compared to on a bigger screen.

I just restarted and it still won't load. Fuck it. I was enjoying it but they can all go to hell.
      - George Carlin

Watched/Listened to the rest of it at work. I'm pretty stoked for Windows 8 now. Looks awesome. I'll probably install the developer preview this weekend.
      - George Carlin

I just had a brief play around via VirtualBox, I like it but I miss my massive list in the start menu. I also dislike how I had to use my Live ID to log on my system, when I prefer an instant boot into the OS with no login screen. I'll have to look around sometime, see if I can disable that because the usual place didn't exist in the control panel; least I didn't see it anyway.

Awesome, sounds like it runs decently in VirtualBox.
      - George Carlin

I downloaded yesterday's keynote because I'm cool like that. I might watch a few parts over again to see them again.

Fuck it I think I'll install it now.
      - George Carlin