Do guys only go for girls with perfect bodies?

• Do guys only go for girls with perfect bodies?

I know this will sound like your average, depressed girl 'i hate my body' type rant but i really just wanted to ask guys honestly how they feel about this topic.

In my experience it seems that all the guys i know only go for girls with perfect bodies and seem to expect us all to have them, its just so much pressure to be a certain way. The guys I know are so harsh about girls that dont look like supermodels its just horrible. Im a UK 10/12 so im not fat but I cant help feeling depressed around all my perfect, skinny, pretty friends and it just makes me hate the way i am even more.
      And do guys care if you have big boobs or not? I know some say small boobs are ok but what if theyre really small, cos guys can be so harsh about bodies and that it just really worries me and i have little confidence when it comes to showing my body in front of people.

What I really want to know is how can you win; guys are originally attracted to girls in a sexual kindve way before getting to know them or like them (if they do), so how can you get a guy to like you if he doesnt find you attractive in the first place because youre not 'perfect'?? does it really matter at all?:confused:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Satine ().

• Re: Do guys only go for girls with perfect bodies?

Question for you Satine, do you find any male model/actress/sports player hot and that you would want to be with them? You probably are doing exactly the same thing that the guys you are talking about are doing, which is not wrong. Everyone wants someone who is attractive, it just depends on what each person considers attractive. Yes, every male would enjoy having a supermodel girlfriend. Yes, every female would enjoy having a sports star man. But in when it comes into reality, would we really want to? It is at this point when people focus less on the looks and more into the mentality of the opposite sex. So what I am trying to say is, just hold on in there and you will find someone eventually that will fit the description of your perfect partner.

And heck, if you still feel like your original post, then why don't do you do something about your body?

Physical attraction is important to both guys and girls alike. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to some guys you may be average/not good looking at all, but to another you may be like one of the prettiest girls in the world. It just depends. Don't try to conform yourself to please guys. If you want a guy to like you for you, then don't ever try to be something you're not. Besides, personality shines through. I have had guy friends who never thought of me as a dating option up until they got to know me really well and then things changed. It totally depends.

Yeah, obviously we don't. I mean, there's a range of body types that I find attractive, but it's a wide range. And yeah, getting to know a girl and finding she has an attractive personality can make her extremely attractive physically/sexually. The day I find a girl with the personality I yearn for...
      Waiting, for redemption, for elation, for the time when I ascend. For the ecstasy, for the tragedy, for the point of my ascension.

Satine wrote:

I know this will sound like your average, depressed girl 'i hate my body' type rant but i really just wanted to ask guys honestly how they feel about this topic.

In my experience it seems that all the guys i know only go for girls with perfect bodies and seem to expect us all to have them, its just so much pressure to be a certain way. The guys I know are so harsh about girls that dont look like supermodels its just horrible. Im a UK 10/12 so im not fat but I cant help feeling depressed around all my perfect, skinny, pretty friends and it just makes me hate the way i am even more.
      And do guys care if you have big boobs or not? I know some say small boobs are ok but what if theyre really small, cos guys can be so harsh about bodies and that it just really worries me and i have little confidence when it comes to showing my body in front of people.

What I really want to know is how can you win; guys are originally attracted to girls in a sexual kindve way before getting to know them or like them (if they do), so how can you get a guy to like you if he doesnt find you attractive in the first place because youre not 'perfect'?? does it really matter at all?:confused:

High school's a bitch (or I think its called secondary school in the UK). Most guys and girls are immature. All the people on this forum aren't though because we all know the big picture ;)

Sami wrote:

Physical attraction is important to both guys and girls alike. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to some guys you may be average/not good looking at all, but to another you may be like one of the prettiest girls in the world. It just depends. Don't try to conform yourself to please guys. If you want a guy to like you for you, then don't ever try to be something you're not. Besides, personality shines through. I have had guy friends who never thought of me as a dating option up until they got to know me really well and then things changed. It totally depends.

This.

Being honest here, most guys I know just look to hook up and have sex in high school, because, in reality, high school relationships don't last very long out of school, they rarely last. So they're looking to experiment more and have more fun hitting up every hot girl they can find.

For me, I'm perfectly fine with my girlfriend :) since we give each other everything we need, and we have a relationship that's developed more personally than physically, compared to everyone else.. >_>

Boys will go for girls that they personally find attractive but everybody has a different view of perfection, I've dated "gorgeous" guys who my friend's found highly unattractive whilst I've often wondered what they saw in their crushes, it's the same with guys, there's no type that all boys go for, I know plenty who prefer a size UK10-12 than a UK6-8.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Listen babe, no one expects you to be perfect, not at all. :) Obviously, haven't a little more then average body will win you points in the looks department, but trust me when I say this, most guys who are not complete jackasses will like you more for who you are then what you look like.
      That being said, what you look like does count, and guys do like girls who are good looking. But hey, guys think the same things when it comes to looks, sometimes even more, because guys often think they are not hot, or good looking enough for a girl, most times more then girls think it. So listen, just be yourself (sorry, this is a bit overused) and don't worry about it too much, personality over beauty is always the way to go. :)

To be honest I sometimes get caught up by those girls who are perfect, but at the same time girls are the same way.

We all have are desired guy/girl and sometimes we all have to accept that sometimes looks are covered by characteristics.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      How far do you want me to suppress myself so that you'll be satisfied?

I think it doesn't really matter how you look, except if you\re really ugly but one thing is for sure, confidence makes you glow. And I'm pretty sure that a guy likes a girl that can enjoy herself and feel good about herself. And in the end, it doesn't matter if you have that perfect skinny body, cause that body wont make you feel pretty.