I don't like college but I don't know what else to do.

• I don't like college but I don't know what else to do.

I've been in college for a little bit over a month now and I don't like it one bit. The work isn't too overbearing, but I just don't want to do it. Classes are okay, but I'd rather be somewhere else. Where else? I don't know...

What I'm trying to say is that I don't feel like I should be in college. It's not truly what I want to do. Everyone says that you should follow your heart and do the things you like to be happy. Well, I'm not doing that and I'm not happy. Thing is, I don't know what I'd rather do.

For the job field that I want to work in one day, it all requires a college degree and maybe even a Master's degree.

Right now, I don't want to be in college, so what else can I do? Is it okay to take a year off and just work some job? I'm nervous that I'll drop out next year anyway. I've already dropped one class just because I didn't like it.

I'm not happy in college... what do I do?
      [COLOR="Purple"][FONT="Fixedsys"]~bullet-proof lonliness~[/FONT][/COLOR]
    • Re: I don't like college but I don't know what else to do.

If you want to take a year off and work, then there's nothing wrong with that. That time you take off might help you figure out what you truly want to do. Are you at a university or community college?

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

There's always the option of transferring to your community college and taking classes there, while working part time. Like I said though, if you feel the need to take a year off, then by all means do it.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

yeah i feel the same way.

Is there another course way you can go through that you might enjoy more?
      I mean for me i can choose a major in Chemistry or Physics (which isnt much), but im trying to see what i enjoy more. Heck even some of the art classes seem interesting.

Last year i graduated and i sure as heck didnt enroll in college this year. high school wore me out (exagerrating) i got into a college and was offered a music scholarship, but i decided to take a year off before i go because i knew if i started right away i would want to quit easily. just ask your college if they have a defer option. they will put your admission on hold until u are ready to go back, most colleges dont offer it so thats why u have to ask!
      good luck!
      :rofl: