Argument research essay thesis help?

• Argument research essay thesis help?

I have to write an Argument Reseaserch Essay for my College class.

I've written down a few thesis ideas, and was hoping you could check them out, maybe help me choose which one I should use for my essay?

It's based around Homeschooling.

Thesis Statements:

1. Students receive a better education when Homeschooled.

2. Students perform exceptionally well in life when they're homeschool (Skills/ Outcomes)

3. The Grade Average for Homeschoolers are exceptionally better than those in Public Schools.

Leaning towards the 3rd thesis.

Input?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

4. The students' Grade Average in Homeschools surpass the averages in Public Schools.
    • Re: Argument research essay thesis help?

I like the first one, simply because 2 and 3 could be used as support for #1 (when backed up with evidence). It's the most controversial statement.

Number 3/4 isn't really an argument unless the evidence for it is contradictory. If you're going that direction, I think the focus would be on if/why grade averages are important (which could be controversial); homeschooling might only be a minor component.
    • Re: Argument research essay thesis help?

Scaredycrow wrote:

I like the first one, simply because 2 and 3 could be used as support for #1 (when backed up with evidence). It's the most controversial statement.

Number 3/4 isn't really an argument unless the evidence for it is contradictory. If you're going that direction, I think the focus would be on if/why grade averages are important (which could be controversial); homeschooling might only be a minor component.

Had to write this Proposal essay for the argument essay.

Never really stated exactly what the thesis is on it.

Think I'll go with what you suggest.