Masters Programs?

• Masters Programs?

Okay, so I was planning to do this accelerated masters program in Experimental Psychology at my college, so I would have been doing a B.S. in Graduate Preparation Psychology and a M.S. in Experimental Psych. in five years. HOWEVER, I've been thinking about it more, and what I actually want to do is Forensic Psychology which my college does not have a specific degree for. I'm currently planning to still do my undergrad here, then go somewhere else to get my masters, BUT almost all of the programs that I've found are Masters of Art. My question is, if I'm getting a M.A., do I need to do a B.A.?

I really don't want to because degree requirements for a B.S. = 6 hours of Humanities/Art, 6 of Natural Sciences, and 6 of Social Sciences. A B.A. = 15 hours of each of those. !!!! I just don't know if you have to have art for both or science for both.

I am planning to talk to an adviser about this... I just don't have much time in the near future so I was wondering if any of you know. :)
      :o
    • Re: Masters Programs?

In countries in which a master's degree is a postgraduate degree, admission to a master's program normally requires holding a bachelor's degree, and in the United Kingdom, Canada and much of the Commonwealth, an 'honours' bachelor degree (citation needed). In both cases, relevant work experience may qualify a candidate. In some cases the student's bachelor's degree must be in the same subject as the intended master's degree (e.g. a Master of Economics will typically require a Bachelors with a major in economics), or in a closely allied, "cognate", discipline (e.g. Applied Mathematics degrees may accept graduates in physics, mathematics or computer science); in others, the subject of the bachelor's degree is unimportant (e.g. MBA) although, often in these cases, coursework in specific subjects may be required (e.g. some M.S.F. degrees require credits in calculus for admission, but none in finance or economics).

Taken from Wiki.

Home | The Chicago School of Professional Psychology -- Offers Forensic Psych in a few different locations

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling