I feel Cheated...

• I feel Cheated...

Hi there, thanks for opening, I'll try and keep it short...

The one activity in the school I love is musical. I don't even play a sport! Just musical, band, and choir. This year, we are doing "Bye Bye Birdie." I have been in it for three years and have always had minor lead roles. I really wanted the main role, being my senior year, but I lost to a Junior!

If you know the musical, I was shooting for the role of Albert, who has lots of singing and talking, or Conrad Birdie, who the musical was about. Instead, i got the third male, Hugo.

Basically my ONLY after school activity is musical, but the two that got Albert and Conrad are in basketball, so they will hardly be at practice! One is student council president and he is the leader of just about everything in the school. I hate to sound self centered, but I truly have put in more time and love into musical than any other guy in our choir, I have seniority, and an excelent reputation in the program.

Hugo has absolutely NO singing, NO dancing, and LITTLE talking. (Like four scenes!) I really want to inform my director that I feel this way, but I'm afraid my relationship with her could be ruined. Is there any advice as to how I do this? I hate to make it sound like I hate my part, but I just feel like I deserve a greater responsibility. Thank You, Feedbak is Appreciated!
    • Re: I feel Cheated...

have you tried talking to the teacher? try talking to him/her(S) and tell them about what you know and how you feel and see what happens. whats the worst that can happen? you keep the same part that you have, trust me I know how you feel iam in musical two all through junior high and now high school so I feel were your coming from
      Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks for the input Jaspersmith! Anybody else, feel free to give your two cents as well!

I'm pretty sure nothing's going to change her mind, but I can't stand the fact that I was overlooked like that. I know for sure that I want to discuss this with her, but I don't know how it will turn out, like if I sound desperate or someting. I suppose the best way to go about it is reminding her why I feel I deserve the part, even though she is like the most impossible teacher in the school to change their mind on things.

More comments appreciated!

BKKokesh wrote:

Hi there, thanks for opening, I'll try and keep it short...

The one activity in the school I love is musical. I don't even play a sport! Just musical, band, and choir. This year, we are doing "Bye Bye Birdie." I have been in it for three years and have always had minor lead roles. I really wanted the main role, being my senior year, but I lost to a Junior!

If you know the musical, I was shooting for the role of Albert, who has lots of singing and talking, or Conrad Birdie, who the musical was about. Instead, i got the third male, Hugo.

Basically my ONLY after school activity is musical, but the two that got Albert and Conrad are in basketball, so they will hardly be at practice! One is student council president and he is the leader of just about everything in the school. I hate to sound self centered, but I truly have put in more time and love into musical than any other guy in our choir, I have seniority, and an excelent reputation in the program.

Hugo has absolutely NO singing, NO dancing, and LITTLE talking. (Like four scenes!) I really want to inform my director that I feel this way, but I'm afraid my relationship with her could be ruined. Is there any advice as to how I do this? I hate to make it sound like I hate my part, but I just feel like I deserve a greater responsibility. Thank You, Feedbak is Appreciated!

You could indeed try to talk to your teacher about it, just be polite.
      You could just tell her you've been (like you said) there for three years, always got minor roles and you would really want to get a major role once. That you love musical a lot and you would put a lot of time in it if she would give you the chance for that role.

You said your afraid your relationship would be ruined, but if you just stay polite to her and not act angry or something I don't think you will ruin anything.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

Welcome to the real world, where the best get the top spots and the rest fill in. Seniority means nothing unless you are the manager of the program. You can show all the love in the world and spend your life on it, but if your results don't rank up then you're not going to get the prize. Fact, just wait till you get out of lala land called school. If you for some reason feel as if you are an exception, then talk to your program manager and tell her what you think about the situation. If you don't get what you want, try harder and keep trying.