Boyfriend, and ex =/

• Boyfriend, and ex =/

I currently have a boyfriend, he’s amazing and I think I love him. He’s 3 years older, met my parents, we are in a very serious relationship (I lost my virginity to him) and dating for 10 months.
      A few months before me and my boyfriend (call him Alex) started dating I had a different boyfriend (Tom), Tom was a bit of a douche to everyone else but he treated me really well, we had an intense relationship but it ended badly (he moved away and completely ignored me until we decided to split).
      I havnt seen him in 11 months (since an awkward run in when he was staying at a friends near my house), but lately we have started talking again, which was really nice as we used to be super close friends. He keeps saying we should hang out because he misses me and everything. When I said I didn't have the money to get there, or anywhere to stay, he offered to pay if I stay for longer than 2 days and said I could stay at his place. Ive never cheated on a guy and don't think I'm going to, but I'm worried that Tom could get me liking him again, and it took me so long to get over him completely. I don't think I could deal going through that again. But I miss him and would like to be friends again. Alex knows that I'm still in touch with Tom, and it bothers him a little but he trusts me completely. Tom is calling me kind of insistently to get me to make a decision, he has told me over and over that he isn't trying to get back together with me. I just genuinely don't know what to do. What do you think?
    • Re: Boyfriend, and ex =/

Whether Tom's intentions are genuine or not, definetely talk to your boyfriend about it. He needs to know you're going away to see your ex, it's just plain important. You guys never talked before but now he wants you to stay over for two days? Definetely let your boyfriend know and get his opinion on things.

If your boyfriend says not to go, then dont. While your boyfriend should NOT limit who you see, when you see them, and he shouldnt tell you what to do; the fact of the matter is-- if your boyfriend would be upset that you went to go stay over at an exes far away for over 2 days, then would it really be worth it?

If your boyfriend does not mind it, then go. Theres nothing holding you back, have fun with it. But if Tom does anything funny at all, such as touch you in a way he isnt supposed to or try to flirt with you with the obvious intention of cheating, then leave. Dont make any mistakes or regrets that could've esaily been prevented.

But that's just my 0.02$

AlexStrangerful wrote:

I currently have a boyfriend, he’s amazing and I think I love him. He’s 3 years older, met my parents, we are in a very serious relationship (I lost my virginity to him) and dating for 10 months.
      A few months before me and my boyfriend (call him Alex) started dating I had a different boyfriend (Tom), Tom was a bit of a douche to everyone else but he treated me really well, we had an intense relationship but it ended badly (he moved away and completely ignored me until we decided to split).
      I havnt seen him in 11 months (since an awkward run in when he was staying at a friends near my house), but lately we have started talking again, which was really nice as we used to be super close friends. He keeps saying we should hang out because he misses me and everything. When I said I didn't have the money to get there, or anywhere to stay, he offered to pay if I stay for longer than 2 days and said I could stay at his place. Ive never cheated on a guy and don't think I'm going to, but I'm worried that Tom could get me liking him again, and it took me so long to get over him completely. I don't think I could deal going through that again. But I miss him and would like to be friends again. Alex knows that I'm still in touch with Tom, and it bothers him a little but he trusts me completely. Tom is calling me kind of insistently to get me to make a decision, he has told me over and over that he isn't trying to get back together with me. I just genuinely don't know what to do. What do you think?

One advice know which one is your boyfriend

yj plc wrote:

One advice know which one is your boyfriend

...I think you're confused. read again.

She said "we are in a very seriously relationship"
      then she says "a few months before me and my boyfriend started dating I had a different boyfriend Tom"...

the person she's in a very serious relationship and the boyfriend she's referring to at the beginning of the next paragraph are the same person...