Problematic Skin

• Problematic Skin

Hi all,

All my life I’ve lived with eczema and allergies and gone through so many tough stages of my life. It’s seriously dented my confidence and even when I was very young I used to hate leaving the house because of people staring at me. I would cry daily and feel so alone. Having eczema has really felt like a curse all my life, and I would have loved to have someone to talk to about it, to know that someone else was going through what I was.

Because of this, I’ve decided to set up a forum for teenagers with skin problems ranging from eczema, to acne, to dry skin. I want people to feel like there are others out there to help them and understands how they are feeling. The forum will allow teenagers to connect and help each other and share advice and tips. Every teenager goes through some skin problem and I feel this will really help so many people.

I was wondering if you could take a look at the website and let me know what you all think.. and maybe try and spread the word and encourage people to visit, join and help others. I truly feel this could help so many people. I would never wish what I’ve gone through on anyone else in the entire world, so I feel it’s so important that people hear about it.
      It would be absolutely fantastic if you could talk about it a little and help to spread the word, maybe you could join and have a look round first? The website is FreckleTalk - The Voice of Teenage Skin Concerns
      Link(s) removed by staff member
      [size=1]A minimum of 50 posts is required before links (excluding TeenHut.net) may be posted in signatures. Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines to prevent further action(s).[/size]
    • Re: Problematic Skin

If it's eczema, I think I can help... I've been having eczema since quite a while ago but right now it's a lot better than it used to be. I had them on the insides of my elbows and on my neck and they used to be really bad... I got so self conscious that I would always cross my arms and walk with my head down so people thought I had some sort of attitude problem.

Now though, my skin's no longer dry and it feels normal again. I used this special steroid cream that I got from a dermatologist. It also helps with the itching that comes with eczema. Maybe you wanna try seeing one?