Nervous eating

• Nervous eating

:punch: So, I have this problem.... I started school on the third, and since then, I have been nervous nibbling since I get home. I don't want to eat dinner, but I do, I'm always eating in the evening. I feel like I'm not eating enough. before I would stop eating just for a day, I went without food, for three days once last summer. and sometimes I still do skip a meal or two. Anorexia or bulimia is always on my mind. I want to find a way to lose weight, but I never get up and do anything about it. I feel worthless, and like I should do something but What does do anything. the last time I was happy about losing weight my sister told me "you were never thin" she is of course only ninety pound soaking wet and very active when she was younger. I've thought of making myself throw-up, but I hate the taste of bile in my mouth. I'm muscularly built, so I"m already naturally fat. somehow that's supposed to make me feel better, but it doesn't. I was in dance and I didn't even lose weight. I walked to school, I walk to and from fairwood when I go on walks. (Of course it's not as often as before, but I'm in school....) I don't know. I need help! Please!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
      [CENTER]"No...No your not sorry....If you were sorry: you would do something about it"
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Nervous eating

Well at first it also depends on what you eat. If you just eat healthy/normally meals it's okay.
      And ive heard that its good to eat something every 2 hours, just a little snack, this would help.
      I'm not sure if it really helps or not since i'm not doing that, got some problems with eating myself also.

And why don't you go to a gym when you have time or do some exercises at home?
      It really does make you feel better about it when you do.

Throwing up and not eating isnt the solution for it, it can really end bad for you.
      Just eat normal/healthy and exercise a bit.

Oh also, don't eat too late in the evening. If you would eat past 8 in the evening you'll faster gain weight.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]
    • Re: Nervous eating

SeaofFaces_Survivor wrote:

I'm muscularly built, so I"m already naturally fat.

Muscle and fat aren't the same thing; there's a difference between being fit and being overweight (not suggesting you are overweight -- we don't have enough information to determine that).

The easiest way to lose/maintain weight is to watch what you eat. If you think you're a nervous eater, try to plan what & when you'll be eating the next day so you don't just eat whenever you feel like it. The more often you eat during the day, the easier it is to potentially overeat.

If you don't think you have the willpower to avoid snacking, pick healthier snacks. If you don't keep junk food in the house, you have no choice but to snack on veggies. ^^ You could also find a hobby (if weight loss is your goal, a sport would be great - but any hobby works) to fill up a bit of your spare time and take your mind off eating.