Networking Issues

• Networking Issues

Anyone want to throw me a bone?

Basically, my PC cannot see any PC on the network and all the PCs on the same network cannot see mine. However, my gaming consoles see and stream media from my PC perfectly. Workgroups are the same (default). Running latest ethernet drivers, tried different ethernet cables. I can ping other IPs that I know exist and the packets are sent successfully, this includes to any IP on the network (that's on) and to my PC, so ping wise there's no connections issues. My firewall is configured to always allow any connection from my network.

Any help is appreciated, as this is slowly pissing me off now because all the methods I know (that usually fixed this issue in the past) no longer work for me.
    • Re: Networking Issues

What do you mean by "cannot see"? Have you tried mapping the drive? Also, what are the OSes of the computers trying to "see" it, and the OS of the computer sharing?
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

I didn't have to Map drives to have this work before my upgrade. Basically, when I mean "see" I'm talking about My Computer > Network. That displays other computer systems on the network. All operating systems are identical, Windows 7 Professional. Every other PC in my house excluding my own, can see each other perfectly and the ones that are set to share certain folders work fine. But none of them can see me, and I can't see them. I can only see myself and any console device that is on.

Why wasn't that installed? That should be there by default. :confused:
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.