Asking an old friend to Prom

• Asking an old friend to Prom

Last year, I made friends with a senior girl, and we went to prom together. After she graduated, I have only seen her twice: her grad party, and randomly walking down the street in her college's town. We used to spend much of the day with each other and text until extremely late at night, but just because of her transition to college, it all just sort of ended!

Anyway, I have been unfortunate enough to be turned down by every girl I asked to winter ball this year. I've been told things from "I wasn't going to go" to "I'll get back to you", but nothing's happened. Prom is a bigger deal, however, and I really want somebody to go with.

It's a long ways off, and I feel that this girl will likely be close to done with school by then, so I figured that I might ask her to go with me once again. As I stated above, I don't believe we LOST our friendship, but we just haven't talked in so long. I'd really like her to go, so we can hang out again, but I'm not sure how to ask. My best method would probably be by phone, but I know that that's not always the desired method. I also wouldn't want to just randomly call her and shoot the question after one conversation, and I fear that I'd catch her at a bad time. This is the only way I can think of, because we never see each other any more.

Any advice? Everything appreciated! And girls, what are your thoughts when thinking of her perspective?
      Thanks!
    • Re: Asking an old friend to Prom

Thanks Scaredycrow!

I suppose I'll add what concerns me the most:

Since it's been about 3 months since we've actually talked, I'm not sure exactly how to engage conversation again. As I said above, we were kinda texting maniacs to each other. We would always text for even the smallest things, even to say goodnight. It's these kinds of things that I miss the most, because they just seemed to warm your heart!:blush: I really want to reconnect, but I have no idea where to start. She's always been in the same activities as me and we shared many classes, so we never had problems finding time to talk, but she's been so busy with college life that I'm not sure she'll have time to even consider reunions.

Anybody's thoughts are appreciated!