Not good enough for her...

• Not good enough for her...

I feel like I'm not good enough for her. We used to like each other and I thought she liked me for a lot longer than she actually did. She just makes it seem like there's a slight chance and then when I bring it up, she shoots it down. She's lied to me a couple times but I think it was only because she didn't want to hurt my feelings.

She has so many friends that I feel like she never thinks or wonders about me while she's often on my mind. Everyone likes her, she's doing stuff everywhere. She's in the dance concert as one of the main roles in the best dance, she's in student council, she plays a varsity sport as an underclassman, she leads the kids walk for kids with cancer, and she bakes....I just feel like she's just so busy and has a great life to the point were I feel like a sidekick.

ughhhhh i hate this. i really need to stop talking to her altogether. :mad:
    • Re: Not good enough for her...

daffodil wrote:

Are you dating?

never officially. we both said we liked each other, but couldn't date b/c her mom works at the school and if she saw us, she'd flip. but we literally talked every day, we sat together in class all the time. in fact, we went 2 weeks without talking and it was the longest we've ever gone without talking over the past 2 years...

i texted her last night saying i didnt want to be friends anymore. she said she understands and she apologized. i deleted her number, all our texts, and blocked her on facebook so i dont have the temptation of talking to her again

Why would her mom flip if she saw you 2 together?

If you 2 like each other I don't see any problem?, If her mom has a problem with it I don't see why you would worry about it.. since you 2 need to live with each other and not her mom with you..

Maybe you should talk to her about it and tell her how you feel about her and ask her how she feels about it. Then atleast it's clear for you and her about you 2.
      And also losing/abandon a good friend is never a fun thing to do, I know it could be hard but talk with her about it, you never know what she thinks about that situation.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

Joshski wrote:

never officially. we both said we liked each other, but couldn't date b/c her mom works at the school and if she saw us, she'd flip. but we literally talked every day, we sat together in class all the time. in fact, we went 2 weeks without talking and it was the longest we've ever gone without talking over the past 2 years...

i texted her last night saying i didnt want to be friends anymore. she said she understands and she apologized. i deleted her number, all our texts, and blocked her on facebook so i dont have the temptation of talking to her again

Are you sure you want to just throw away your friendship like that?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

black.star wrote:

Why would her mom flip if she saw you 2 together?

If you 2 like each other I don't see any problem?, If her mom has a problem with it I don't see why you would worry about it.. since you 2 need to live with each other and not her mom with you..

Maybe you should talk to her about it and tell her how you feel about her and ask her how she feels about it. Then atleast it's clear for you and her about you 2.
      And also losing/abandon a good friend is never a fun thing to do, I know it could be hard but talk with her about it, you never know what she thinks about that situation.

I don't think she likes me anymore and I don't see why she would. But her mom says she can't date until she's 16. She's 15 and I'm 17. In fact, she made her break up with her former bf of 2 weeks. I've asked her plenty of times about seeing each other, but the answer remained the same.

She wants to be friends. She's told me a bunch of times that she really values our friendship and blah blah blah but every time she asks to remain friends, I say yes and then wind up going through something emotional like this again and it sucks.

It literally happens every time. I'll bring up something about dating/hanging out and she'll say something then there will be a couple days where we don't talk then she'll ask to stay friends and I'll say yes and then it will happen all over again.

We also have this thing in person where we literally can't talk to each other. like we try to say we'll talk about this on a certain day and either we both just get to nervous to talk about it or we push it back to sometime later and then forget

-Gracie. wrote:

Are you sure you want to just throw away your friendship like that?

i dont know............i've already deleted her # from my phone and removed her from facebook i don't think i can turn back now

i've known her for a year and a half and i looked at our messages which was over 15000 (this is after i deleted 8000+ beforehand). it kinda makes me realize how much we enjoyed each other's company.

i just feel like im she's a lot more important to me than i am to her. even after she said we should be friends i still complimented her on things and i'd still give her hugs but you could tell she wasnt interested

i hate this soooooooooo much lol :(

there was a point in time where we sat next to each other in class everyday and then talked everyday after school...but now, we've become so distant because of my feelings and its really annoying

The post was edited 1 time, last by Joshski ().

I undrstand what your going through.

I think her reason's for not dating are unjust. If her mom is controlling who she see's like that and she's letting just shows she's not ready. My friend had a girl who's mother was like that and she made her break up with him, but my friend didn't let that stop him. He fought for her and I guess she accpted him to date her daughter.

When I began readin this I was like man let her do her life, but kept readin and was stunned. You want to be more than friends, but mom is in the way. Well go to the mom and tell her straight up, "I like you daughter can I have your approval of dating her." It might be old fashion, but who cares.

You can always go back. Apologize and do something drastic like kiss her (Thats what I would do). I mean she likes you and you like her so it wouldnt be a bad thing just a surprise.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      How far do you want me to suppress myself so that you'll be satisfied?

I don't really have an answer for that. I don't really know her on a personal level as you, but guys have a keen sense of a girls feelings.

Not saying guys are 100% right about it all the time, but when it counts. Just tell her in person. Like go up to her with your head held high and say, "(Girls name) I'm wondering where do we stand?" Be sincere and honest and if she brings up you blocking her and ignoring her. Be honest and tell her you were hurt.

Like I said I don't know her personally, but advoid getting mad, raising your voice, breaking down, blaming her, and anything that would cause her to simply hate you.

Only question I have for you is if you are willing to accept her back even with her mom the way she is.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well things took a bit of a turn the past 2 days. One of my guy friends comes up to me in school and says

"Dude, I heard you deleted [girl's name here] on Facebook. whats going on man?"

Personally, I don't like my private life being spread among the school so I asked him who told him but we wouldn't tell me until the next day. It turned out to be one of my crush's friends so I asked her to keep it between just the girl and myself.

She said she would and then gave me her take on the whole situation and she said that I should try to stay friends with her because

"she really does treasure your friendship and loves talking to you and she was really crushed when you defriended her"

and that made me feel absolutely terrible. to make matters even worse I had an opportunity to talk to her today briefly but chickened out :(

Well you could try to talk with her and explain her everything how you feel and that you don't know what to do else and such.
      It sucks on both sides ofcourse, you don't want to have contact anymore cause it hurts you to be friends. And she loves to talk with you and such and don't want to end the friendship you both have.

Well you could always give it another try to be friends ofcourse but it depends on you.
      Atleast talk to her again and explain your situation. Hopefully you can come to an solution together.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

Honestly if I was in your positions I dn't think I could keep it in just a friendship. Love wasn't meant to be held down. I understand she doesn't want to take the chance to go further for fear of losing it and you, But what if she falls for someone else? Could you honestly keep quiet?

Thats why when girls are afraid to take the chance I make that extra effort. Not doing so would be pointless and someone will come along. It's up to you. Is her wanting to hold back stronger than your resolve to move forward?

Also I would like to tell you to talk to her. It doesn't have to be about your situation, but how she's doing.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well I talked to her on Friday for a couple minutes and I asked if she was ok. She said she was fine and accepts that I don't want to be friends with her so it's ok...not exactly what I was expected (based off what her friend told me).

So I guess either I'll talk to her again Monday or just continue with the not being friends thing.

Maybe you should wait until she reaches 16? I doubt that you are going to lose her since her mom will not allow her date anyone before 16, right? Perhaps you should improve yourself at the meantime; feel more confident around the amazing girl. Keep your guards up too though, do some recon so you don't lose her easily.

Good Luck
      New member... Want to get my problems solved... Want to solve other's problems... (insert something poetic here)

Her2HVD0M wrote:

Maybe you should wait until she reaches 16? I doubt that you are going to lose her since her mom will not allow her date anyone before 16, right? Perhaps you should improve yourself at the meantime; feel more confident around the amazing girl. Keep your guards up too though, do some recon so you don't lose her easily.

Good Luck

I'll be in college by that time and I don't want to have a LDR.

Don't demotivate yourself like this. Never feel that you're not good enough for a girl or not. The girl is just the same as you. If nothing is working between you two, then it is time to move on. If she lies to you, then she is a liar and not fit for you.

She has many friends? So?
      She is doing many other things? Good for her.

Stop keeping hopes that she will take time to think about you and think about doing something that would make her give importance to you. Something interesting and manly :P But first stop treating her as some queen who needs time to think about you. Either move on to another girl or move things forward with her asap.