Some kind of sign? What's your imput?

• Some kind of sign? What's your imput?

I had a terrible week. Actually, I've been depressed for awhile now and things haven't gotten better. I'm not going to go through all the details of why I am. (unless you want me too.)

I take things personally, and someone I thought was cool talked shit about me right in front of me to his girlfriend. He was looking right at me.

I already wasen't going to one of my last school dances ever. I also got in a huge fight with my bestfriend, defriending him. These 3 things were the last straw, and I felt I was never going to get out, and it was too late. There was alot more behind this, but I'm a sensative dude.

I planned on committing suicide Saturday. I was thinking about driving my car at a high speed into a tree or something, and I almost did the night before.

I was playing video games, with a few friends, covering it all up. I was alone in my room, and I planned on doing the deed here soon.

I got a phone call. It was a friend from school. He always talked shit to me playfully, but we never hung out outside of school. He diden't have a group to go with to formal, and his gf had to go without him for some reason. I said sure. We played games and talked. This whole thing was so surprising.

I always had this huge crush on this girl. I never talked to her though because I coulden't man up. He did not know about this at all. Out of nowhere, he said " You know, you could probably get with so and so." I was really shocked. I had the biggest crush on her. It's like he read my mind or emotions or something. Pursuing her was my goal for like 3 months. It was his gf's best friend. He started talking about her, and how she acted about things, like he was telling me her flaws, but I was the same way.

The whole thing was so shocking to me.

My question is, do you believe this was some sign to stop me? A message to keep going?
    • Re: Some kind of sign? What's your imput?

Scaredycrow wrote:

I'm not really one to believe in "signs", but you can take it that way if you want to. At any rate, it's a great example of why suicide is never a good option. Good luck in the future. ^^

Agree with this.

Well you'll never know if it is or not. But if you keep going and be patient good things can happen too and indeed thats why suicide isnt a good option.
      Sure stuff can be negative for a while, but good things will come to you too.

Well I hope something will work out for you :)
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

here's how i look at life, its only worth it if something about it interests you. ever since i can remember, i've always thought of life as a video game, except, there are no breaks, there are no EASILY available quit buttons.

a developer makes a game, it starts to gain a hype, you play this game, you get rich, you rule the game, but at the end of it all, nothing's gonna matter; couple months/years later, its gonna loose the hype and another game will become famous, and doesn't matter if you were the ruler of this game, it won't matter. Same with life. right now, the life is in its "hype" moment, you could be the richest person in the world, or the most smartest, or the most famous, but in the end, the world will end, nothings going to matter. who's gonna give a shit that Einstein was one of the most renowned scientists to take birth when there's gonna be no one left to care, and neither did his fame save his life. so really, everything in life is connected to a very short period.

some people don't want to die because they have loved ones, but guess what, the loved ones will pass out too, maybe in 10 years, maybe 20, maybe 50, maybe 100, but compared to "The Game", thats a very short period, so really, the reason we sustain our lives is very remote and its kind of weird to think about it but its like its only supported by itself, kind of like math, sure 1+1 will = 2, but that wasn't, isn't, and won't be a universal law, its only true because me made it that way. if the founder of math made what is currently known as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 to something like 3, 4, 2, 1, 6, 5, 8, 10, 9, 7 (that being the increasing order) we could have very well be writing 3 + 4 = 2. and that would've been the fundamental truth that the whole world would've followed

these principles are sustained because we can use it. its hard to explain what i mean. and this connects to your situation because its similar, you are sustained by your own reason, and the second you prove this reason to be otherwise that reason to sustain your life is gone and therefore we get a feeling we label "hopelessness". its kind of like, your pant is holding up the belt but its the belt thats holding up your pant, you know what i mean?

i'm very atheist, so to me, that's not really any "sign" or anything. think about it, you only live once, so go live life to the fullest, even if you fuck up, not like you're gonna have to suffer for it after your dead.

EDIT: since you have a crush on this girl, and based on your friend's info (which i take is reliable since she's his GF's BF) she's similar to you, i don't see why things won't work out. so give it a shot, maybe you'll end up marrying her and spend the rest of your life with her, or maybe she won't be anything like what you expected and you will end up breaking up in 2 weeks, you never know what happens until you choose to make the decision to make things happen.
      Welcome to the world; welcome to the biggest Mindfuck of your life

The post was edited 1 time, last by theunknownwonder ().

theunknownwonder wrote:

some people don't want to die because they have loved ones, but guess what, the loved ones will pass out too, maybe in 10 years, maybe 20, maybe 50, maybe 100, but compared to "The Game", thats a very short period, so really, the reason we sustain our lives is very remote and its kind of weird to think about it but its like its only supported by itself, kind of like math, sure 1+1 will = 2, but that wasn't, isn't, and won't be a universal law, its only true because me made it that way. if the founder of math made what is currently known as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 to something like 3, 4, 2, 1, 6, 5, 8, 10, 9, 7 (that being the increasing order) we could have very well be writing 3 + 4 = 2. and that would've been the fundamental truth that the whole world would've followed

I know this doesn't have much to do with addressing OP's problems, but I'm kind of confused by what you mean. Certainly, 1, 2, 3, etc. are arbitrarily assigned symbols to represent a value, but the symbols went in order like 3, 4, 2, etc., the symbol "3" would still represent the value of one, so 3+4=2 would be exactly the same thing as saying 1+2= 3. They are laws, it's not just because "we made it that way".

I think we can find a sort of comfort in the order and predictability of certain truths. We don't know everything, and like I said, I don't believe in "signs", but everything isn't always as random or arbitrary as it's often made out to be. :) But whether or not we assign meaning isn't there, it's definitely not a good reason to be committing suicide!