Advice

• Ok, well, I am a high school sophomore and 16 years old this December 3. There is a girl in my 2nd block and the moment I saw her I thought wow. She is very pretty, and smart, I love smart girls, and I wanted to talk to her, but I didn't know her yet. I decided to wait a little and after a while she seemed like an outgoing atheletic girl. I know she plays volleyball now, and she has a boyfriend. Her boyfriend doesn't seem like her type, but I guess he is. When I was younger I was very, very atheletic and active, and the girl next door, nicole, was my best friend since kindergarten. I had to move away and we talked on the phone and it kind of eased off. I don't know what did it but I am now a little overweight, I have always been a "big boy" in body build. When I played football my coach said I was naturally muscular, but now I am overweight and it hides it. Of course now I am not too happy about being overweight and I try to stop eating so much for a week or so and nothing happens. I try to exercise but I feel hopeless knowing that it's not doing anything. I am 5'7" at 174 pounds. I am just scared that if I start to talk to her she will put me down and I will get put down very far since I am a little sensitive about what people say about me. What should I do to shape my life up a little? I don't want to play for a sports team at school but I am interested in working out but I don't have access to a gym. Also to mention I don't eat meat but I am not a vegetarian. I eat french toast, lol, it has eggs and I don't freak out if I see a fur coat or something like that. What would you do?
    • Well, first of all, eating less for a week won't do anything. At all. It needs to be a consistent thing. Otherwise, not only won't it do anything, it'll actually cause you to either gain weight or lose it more slowly.

Have you considered just running? That burns a lot of calories. If not, I'm sure there's a gym around somewhere that you could use (although you might have to pay for it).

Just be careful you don't become obsessive about this, hokay? If you become obsessive about your weight, I guarantee it will only come back later to bite you in the ass.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]
    • nottosure wrote:

I will run, no problem, but how long and how vigorously?
      Honestly, I don't know. (Due to knee problems, I can't run, so I can't even give you a general idea.) Obviously, you'll want to start out slow and work your way up. I'd suggest trying Google and seeing what turns up.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]
    • just run until you cant carry on. you dont need to do it vigorously. even a gentle jog burns quite a few calories. running is quite a good idea.
      about the diet thing keep going for more than a week. it might not show then but it will if you carry on for a while.
      why dont you want to join a team at school??
      and also it sounds like your doing all this cause of a girl at school. just do it for yourself. if she judges you by how you look then forget about her she aint worth worrying about.
      [CENTER]
      :gay:[/CENTER]
    • dude the best thing is to join yer track, croos country and if u have it an indoor track teams, i run indoor @ my school and i lost like 20 lbs(i was 165 and went to 145 nd am 5'11") but it made all the difference though nd i probably would have lost more if it wasn't for the fact i did a lot of weight lifting with tht for soccer season. the mile is the best thing to do to drop weight cause ur workouts will be anywhere from 1 mile to 3 miles(depending on the program) and in the end it pays off
    • I have stopped eating sweets, chips, extra foods during movies. I lost five pounds already. I force myself not to eat extra and I eat slowly and I can't finish one order of fries. In that class I only have a C instead of an A like my 3 other classes because I am not even worrying about anything else but her. I hope that I don't get too carried away.