He likes me. I see him as a friend. Or am I too anxious?

• He likes me. I see him as a friend. Or am I too anxious?

I'm 14 years old and it's sort of the typical situation. However. He lives on the other side of the county to me, about a 45-55minute drive away from me. We're great friends and talk regularly, as well as meeting up ever so often. He's a year older than me and we go to separate schools.
      Basically, the other day he admitted to me, after previously flirting with me, that he likes me. But I don't think I like him n 'that' way. I've never had a boyfriend before and after talking to a close person to me, she says that it may not be that I don't like him in that way. It might just be that I'm too scared to have a boyfriend, and I'm anxious as no one his ever admitted this to me or anything of the sort before?
      I'm confused about my own feelings here. I don't know what to think about this one. I mean, would it even work, the distance between us? And i hardly have te money to catch the bus to town or anything to meet him :S
      We share a lot of common interests and I can both laugh and cry with him. What should I do? I turned down his 'confession' but I'm rethinking it a bit... :confused::confused::confused: