Anyone else have results they want to share? What plan did you lose on?

• Anyone else have results they want to share? What plan did you lose on?

This is the outline I followed:

"Most important foods: Butter or tallow or food grade palm kernel oil; fatty cuts of grass-fed, grass-finished red meats; organically raised pork; omega-3 or pastured eggs; grass-fed, grass-finished calf or grass-fed, grass-finished beef or grass-fed, grass-finished lamb or grass-fed, grass-finished pork liver twice weekly [any type of liver has 6 grams of carbs per 4 ounces]

Second most important foods: Low-sugar fruits (rhubarb, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, strawberries) when in-season; safe starches like sweet potato, taro, parsnips, and yautia; quality green vegetables

Third most important: Once weekly baked (at mid-temperature) 3-8 ounces of wild-caught Pacific Herring or wild-caught Chub Mackerel or wild-caught Atlantic Salmon or wild-caught Sablefish.

Macronutrients, calories, etc.:

Start at 125 grams of carbohydrates

Eat until satiated, 12x your bodyweight in calories is often a good rule of thumb for losing weight, 15x bodyweight in calories for maintaining

Don’t be afraid of fat. Eat fatty cuts of the recommended meats. Eating half of your fats as saturated fat is a good goal. Eating meats with melted butter is a nice way to up fat intake.

Fear polyunsaturates. Eat 3% of your caloric intake as polyunsaturates, 6% is fine on days that you eat fish.

What should you supplement with?
      5mgs vitamin K2 in MK-4 form (menatetrenone = MK-4)/day
      500mgs magnesium glycinate or aspartate/day
      6,000IUs of vitamin D3/day
      100mgs zinc gluconate/day
      A very high quality whole food multivitamin/day
      For men over 24 or women who don’t menstruate, 2.4-3.2 grams of Inositol Hexaphosphate (higher dosage for sedentary, lower dosage for active people) 2 hours before first meal

Tips and tricks:
      Most butchers can special order your meats/fish. Finishing meats/liver with grass, finishing pork organically, and getting fish wild-caught is important, make sure you get those.

You can find these starches for sale in bulk at many specialty stores.

Aim for a triglyceride/HDL ratio of 1.5 after 7 months, lower carbs to 80 grams/day (lower fruits the most, lower safe starches substantially) if it is higher (don't test any of your lipids before 7 months strictly on this diet)

Aim for a triglyceride/HDL ratio of 1 or below after 1.5 years (if you don’t reach this goal, don’t lower carbs quite yet)

Aim for a high sensitivity C-Reactive Protein of .65-.7mg/l (add 1000mg vitamin c, 81mg aspirin, 5mgs methylB12, 8 grams TMG if high), a hemoglobin A1c of 4.5%, a Homocysteine level of less than 7mmol/l (add 3.2mg of Folinic Acid if it’s higher), an Lp-PLA2 of 160ng or lower, a fasting insulin level of 5 or below (lower your carbs to 50 grams/day (lower fruits to near-zero, starches should be moderately-severely restricted, focus on high-fiber green veggies) if it is higher), a Serum Ferritin of 35-50mcgs/dl (35 for sedentary people, 50 for active people) all after 2 years on this diet.

Retest all the above, along with a Vertical Auto Profile (VAP test) at 3 years onwards on the diet.

If you have low body temperature or have energy level problems, have your doctor do the following tests: Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, and Thyroid Antibodies. Do not get TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) tested, it is essentially useless. If any are substantially out of range, NatureThroid is the best choice. Armour Thyroid is the second best choice.

If you have problems getting bowel movements and you’re eating 50-80 grams of carbs/day, get a quality Magnesium Citrate supplement (on top of the other magnesium supplements) such as Source Naturals’ magnesium citrate, take 2 pills a day."

^ Taken from Chris Kresser's "Personal Paleo Code."

Chris Kresser is deep into setpoint and food reward theory.

The tests are mainly for those at high risk of heart disease (whether it is through family history or whatnot), though I've been following this diet for 2 years, and here are my results-

Weight loss: 215 (January 2010)--> 127 [goal weight] (March 2010) [not too terribly impossible, went from a BMI of >31 to a BMI of 18.8]

Lipids and other markers (taken a month ago)-
      Triglyceride/HDL ratio: .758
      hs-CRP: .45mg/l
      HbA1c: 4.3%
      Homocysteine: 6mmol/l
      Lp-PLA2: 120ng
      Fasting insulin: 4
      Serum Ferritin: 100mcgs/dl

Any success stories are welcomed!
    • Re: Anyone else have results they want to share? What plan did you lose on?

How tall are you? :o

I've never really been on any sort of 'diet' or 'plan'. I'm poor so I just eat a lot of eggs, lentil stir-frys, homemade soups, etc. I eat when I'm hungry and I've essentially maintained my weight for the past few years (around 130 or a little less). We just did a glucose tolerance test so I know my fasting blood glucose is around 4.5, and the last time I went to the doctor all the blood tests she took were "very good".

I feel like it would be interesting for me to try some certain diets, just to see what they're like. Seems like it might be useful for counselling in the future.
    • Re: Anyone else have results they want to share? What plan did you lose on?

If you have low heat range or have vitality problems, have your doctor do the following tests: No cost T3, No cost T4, Reverse T3, and Hypothyroid Antibodies. Do not get TSH (thyroid exciting hormone) examined, it is basically ineffective. If any are considerably out of range, Nature Throid is a good option. Shield Hypothyroid is the second best option.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Paxton22 ().