Okay, so what does this mean?

• Okay, so what does this mean?

I followed up on 3 of my places I submitted applications to, that were hiring. One said that they haven't had time to look it over, and the other two hiring managers, at Arby's and Lil Ceaser's, both took my name and number and said they will call me back. One said saturday, and the other just said call me back. I have a feeling they won't.

What am I suppose to do? I'm submitting apps to managers, making great impressions, and calling to be persistant, and I still get ignored and shoved aside.

Yet alot of people I know, just submit an app and get a call in like 2 days. They don't jump through any of the hoops I do.
    • Re: Okay, so what does this mean?

when they tell you they'll call you back, its just a proper way of saying buzz off (normally), but dont let that get you down.

When I first started bidding on projects on odesk, it took me around 2 months to get my first contract. It was frustrating at first but when the contracts started coming around, it get better.

Keep sending those applications and you will get a chance to shine.

(Damm I've away too long, so long that I lost my english touch, DAMM YOU BANGLADESH!)
    • Re: Okay, so what does this mean?

you'll get called eventually dude. Barring some past murder convictions or something. Sometimes in restaurant places or whatever they keep the Now Hiring sign up even when they're not, simply because of the constant staff turnover. Be patient. Keep applying elsewhere.
      [COLOR="black"]When I'm not fighting mountain lions for sport, I read about broken homes, teenage depression, and other such life-improving awesomeness cause I'm weird like that[/COLOR]