what's acceptable and when?

• Re: what's acceptable and when?

I don't agree with them being authoritarian and barely giving you any freedom, because in my opinion that's just bad parenting.
      However, if you are living under their roof when they are not obligated by law to support you financially, they got the right to place rules on you. After all, it's -their- home.

I mean, look at it this way.
      Would you want someone waking you up at 2 AM when you got to wake up at 6 AM to go work so you can financially support said person ?
      Hello JC - Cade

LockedADizzle wrote:

Their treating you like a 2 year old. I would talk to them and tell them your side of the story, so they at least can see it in your prospective.

Unless they're keeping her in a crib and have just started feeding her solid foods I doubt it.

meg.loomis wrote:

If they're letting you live under their roof, especially if you aren't paying rent, you abide by their rules.. If you don't like it, you're old enough to move out.

Old enough to, but that's not the only factor is it? I can move out if I wanted but I don't have the money and education also gets in the way.

Personally, probably 16, though the only justification for that is the laws in my area.

Well, I haven't had a strict upbringing. I have been sleeping over or having boyfriends sleep over since about 13; I don't think I ever asked to go anywhere, I was just allowed; at 12 the latest I was out was 10:30, now at 18 I am staggering in at 6 oclock.

But my personal rules would be:

-sleeping over a boyfriend/girlfriend's house
      -going on a weekend vacation with friends
      -having a job that involves working late at night until early the next morning
      -going places without having to ask your parents if you can go
      -staying out without a curfew
      [CENTER]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Black"]When the city sleeps, I'm wide awake.
      You know what I see? High rises. Low lifes.
      Bright lights and back alleys.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

-sleeping over a boyfriend/girlfriend's house
      Age 16/when you can drive.
      -going on a weekend vacation with friends
      18+
      -having a job that involves working late at night
      until early the next morning
      At least 18, unless it's a bakery or something.
      -going places without having to ask your parents
      if you can go
      17+/ when you can drive.
      -staying out without a curfew
      17+

You live under their roof (and are not in college or seem to have a job), so respect the rules or try to negotiate a little bit.
      time has fallen asleep in the afternoon sunshine

The post was edited 1 time, last by Darkest.Nation ().