I may never see my crush again or at least for a very long time :(

• I may never see my crush again or at least for a very long time :(

There is this guy that I've known for about 4 years now but have finally gotten to know really well just this year. He's a senior and I'm a sophomore and we both play the saxophone in band and piano in an outside of school band program in which we both started talking with each other. We've become pretty good friends and he gives me rides home after every band practice and we went to the movies with each other back in February. Yesterday we also sat together on the bus on the way to a band competition and I fell asleep resting my head on his shoulder on the way home and he also fell asleep with his head lightly resting on my head. His friend and one of my acquaintances woke us up when we got back to the school saying "Aww. You two are so cute and adorable together." What does that mean? We talk almost every day/night but I keep having the feeling that he's interested in another girl because lately he's been mentioning her a lot and is constantly texting her. But then at other times it seems he is just friends with her and is interested in me. I can't tell which and he only just met this girl last month and has only been talking to her for a couple of weeks now and I can't tell who he is interested in. He's also going away to college soon and I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm going to keep in touch with him by texting him and talking to him on Skype like usual but I'm going to miss him a lot. We've become so close with each other over the past year or so. Next week we have April vacation and I'm going to ask if he wants to hang out but I don't know how. but I don't know what to do with all of these mixed feelings and him going away. I used to also like him 4 years ago when I first met him and when he left for high school while I was still in middle school the feelings went away but when I saw him again when I became a freshman then the same feelings came back and have only gotten stronger the more I've gotten to know him. I'm happy with just being friends because it's better than nothing and he's just a great person and if that's the only way to hang out with him that's fine. I don't hate the other girl, I don't know her but if he likes her then I'm sure that she's nice and if they end up dating I hope they're both happy but I can't stop thinking about him! Is he interested or not? Should I ask him to hang out next week and if so how? What should I do about him going away?

The post was edited 2 times, last by bandgeek3 ().