United States vs England Fight thread

• Re: United States vs England Fight thread

No1sPerfect wrote:

christ i say one thing bad about america and people can't take it. yeah i bet they know their origin... besides fries is short for french fries anyway so it's just as bad. the bottom line is they don't taste as good as our chips, im sad to say. anyone who'd had both will agree, unless they just want to support america regardless.
      About the metal, I don't like metal although i used to, but it's about how good the bands are not how many. Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Iron Maiden, that stuff has a tune. Death Metal and 'nu' metal are completely and utterly tuneless 'look at me im a badass' music. I guess the thrash metal stuff isn't as bad. But I just can't take death metal and nu metal seriously and I can't enjoy music that I'd rather laugh at. In fact you know what I'm tempted to give America the point for music because England made metal in the first place and without us Slipknot, Korn, System of a down, and the countless death metal bands (apart from death who probably weren't death metal if anyone's honest) would hopefully never have existed.
      But that's just my opinion.

>death metal
      >tuneless

"I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

You speak our language. I would never understand the drivel hailing from your general direction otherwise. You can consider it a gift from your English-speaking ancestors[FONT=&quot]★[/FONT]

I kid anyway. This thread is not for the serious at heart. I would never want to live in Londonistan.
      [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

America has way more famous cities than England. for example: New York, Las Vegas, Miami, etc. And what about England? I only know London, Liverpool and Manchester. I know them just because I love soccer. there are famous teams. but what about peolple who aren't intrested in soccer?

It's not rational to compare the power of these two countries 1900-present day. At that time period America is starting to rise as a super power and the british were on a big decline (especailly after ww2 when they lost India and their other Asian/african colonies. It would make sense to compare the nations at their absolute height. The British were able to control a huge empire during the 1800's. There is even a saying that describes its size... "the sun never stops shining on the British empire" or something like that. In other words it covered so much land around the globe that sunshine was always hitting some British territory. The Americans in the other hand, didn't control a vast empire like the Brits. However we Americans have shown our power in a much different way. America helped its allies both in Europe and Africa during WW2 and were able to do it even though they were surrounded by huge oceans on both sides. The Americans completely steamrolled over nazi Germany and imperial Japan after 1942. Sure if the Brits/soviet union survived the early years of war they might have been able to get even with the axis without American help. but It would have taken forever. And even after ww2 America has won about every war except the veitnam war( a loss) and the Korean war (truce). America also created the first atomic bomb (I no nukes have a down side but we are talking about power here not morality. I'm an American so Id say America is a little better than the Britain but its safe to say that the Uk is comparable to the US.

On a slighty different topic I know some of us Americans may seem to have too much vanity when it comes to our military (the vietnam war is a perfect example) even my friend school thinks America could invade china and take it over in 5 years even though it's complete nonsense... But let's not forget how over confident the british were in ww2. Like how they were not able to defend their convoys from those puny German u boat submarines even when though they had the largest navy in the world at that time. Or when the british sent an "superior" battleship to fight the German battleship "Bismarck" (which didn't go to well)...

Nayr343 wrote:

On a slighty different topic I know some of us Americans may seem to have too much vanity when it comes to our military (the vietnam war is a perfect example) even my friend school thinks America could invade china and take it over in 5 years even though it's complete nonsense... But let's not forget how over confident the british were in ww2. Like how they were not able to defend their convoys from those puny German u boat submarines even when though they had the largest navy in the world at that time. Or when the british sent an "superior" battleship to fight the German battleship "Bismarck" (which didn't go to well)...

:rofl::rofl:

"america plz help us plz the germans is bombin us plz help"