Friendship Advice?

• Friendship Advice?

Lately every time I talk to my friend, I get annoyed/angry. My sister said it best when she described her as person that is always challenging you. Everytime I talk to her she has to disagree with me and then say why she disagrees with me. I just get this feeling she looks down on me. We hadn't seen each other for 4 months but when we finally met up the first thing she says to me is that I was stupid to pick this particular place to meet. She doesn't even say Hi, she just goes right to the attacking my thoughts and beliefs. I'm shy and sensitive so I might just not be reacting to her in a negative way. But are our personalities so different we can't be friends? I'm rarely happy to be in her company.
    • Re: Friendship Advice?

Well sweetie, the answer seems simple-- if you are not happy being her friend, then why would you want to be her friend at all? You shouldn't waste your time on people who do not appreciate you and if you do not feel comfortable being with her, etc. Maybe, if you want, you can try talking to her and express to her how you feel about her being negative and condescending. Otherwise, don't hang out with her. It's not worth it to be in a friendship or any kind of relationship if you are not happy and there are so many other people to choose from to be your friend/ be happy in their company.

If you're afraid to make new friends because you are shy... try stepping as far out of your comfort zone as you can. It's hard sometimes, but if you're just yourself, people are most likely going to accept you. I mean.. look at it this way, even some really annoying people have friends! Haha, but in all seriousness, it doesn't sound like your "friend" is being much of a friend. I hope things work out, darling.

Much love :)