Investment Thread

• Re: Investment Thread

Papa Bear wrote:

stocks and property. i've invested in stocks and I also have an apartment for lease in florida. however due to the economy i'm not really seeing any money from that, but at least it's paying itself right now.

I do not believe in the economy effecting one's income dramatically. Maybe 10% or less.

My advice would be to market that apartment more!

About property investment's; I've heard quite a few rags to riches stories from person using properties and leasing/renting them out. Millionaires.
    • Re: Investment Thread

trios wrote:

I do not believe in the economy effecting one's income dramatically. Maybe 10% or less.

My advice would be to market that apartment more!

About property investment's; I've heard quite a few rags to riches stories from person using properties and leasing/renting them out. Millionaires.

its not easy finding someone to rent it in this circumstances. our lasts tenants left because they wanted to renew the contract on their terms and pay way less but we didn't budge (and they were paying $200 less than what our current tenant is paying right now)

our current tenant has been great so far though, specially with the paying on time.

for now i'm good with just one apartment, but who knows maybe later when i have more money i'll start investing on more properties.

what do you invest on

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

CocaineCowboy wrote:

Smh, renting out houses is a hit or miss. My parents rent out a few houses and whenever the people leave they leave it a dump. Some people just disappeared after not paying 2 months rent and stole the washer and dryer.

yeaa same thing happened to my dad on a business property he had for lease. the tenants rarely ever paid on time and when they left they took the doors with them (lol?)
      he tried to sue them but i'm not really sure what happened after that
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]