Romney vs. Obama

• Re: Romney vs. Obama

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Please don't tell me you're one of the people who calls the health care reform "Obamacare?"

Many provisions in the health care law merely take power away from insurance companies who were actively denying people treatment that would save their life. I don't call that a leftist idea; I call it common sense. Not really. Republicans get wealthy white voters, evangelical Christian voters, and seniors. In the end they often times balance out, and the election is decided by swing voters. Right, but you had used an example back from the Reagan years. So I followed suit. My evidence does not prove that. As I mentioned previously, Republicans did not usually control both the executive and legislative branches at the same time. As in the instance of Reagan, as popular as he was, Democrats always had at least one majority in Congress. The issue isn't as black and white as you're implying. A Democratic or Republican candidate winning an election doesn't instantaneously make that party dominant. "ObamaCare" passed over two years ago.

... Me and papa bear call it obama care so what? Stop insulting us while I'm trying to agree with you... Oh yeah about that complement, the point that you made that I agreed with you seemed to get you all fussy about what point you were trying to prove. Yeah I understand what you're saying after thinking about it ok so pls...

I thought we were just talking about each parties chances of winning the president elections. I myself didn't explain very well that I was simply talking about who had the advantage in just presidential elections (and I apologize)

And about the wealthy white man thing, I did say there was a few exceptions didn't I?
      Yeah Christians do vote republican I'm not that stupid. I'm simply saying that the democrats have a lot of options for possible voters.

Nayr343 wrote:

... Me and papa bear call it obama care so what? Stop insulting us while I'm trying to agree with you...
      Calm down. I'm not insulting you. Obamacare is an idiotic pejorative term that was created by people who disliked the bill, yet didn't know anything about it. The term is now so common that some people believe that's what the health care bill is actually called.

Nayr343 wrote:

Oh yeah about that complement, the point that you made that I agreed with you seemed to get you all fussy about what point you were trying to prove. Yeah I understand what you're saying after thinking about it ok so pls...
      ...what?

Nayr343 wrote:

And about the wealthy white man thing, I did say there was a few exceptions didn't I?
      Hold up a minute. You said, "
      the republicans mostly get rich white men but that's it really it." Both seniors and Evangelical Christians account for a large portion of Republican votes. That doesn't constitute as a "few exceptions."

Nayr343 wrote:

I'm simply saying that the democrats have a lot of options for possible voters.
      Yes they do, but so does the Republican party.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did I have a Ronald Reagan example? Lol , I was simply comparing Romneys chances to Reagans chances.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Nayr343 wrote:

Obama care doesn't prove this country is becoming lefty? (this is just a question from a amateur, if you disagree I'll glady listen to your opinion). Yeah the republicans mostly get rich white men but that's it really it... (compared to the democrats who get support from blacks, hispanics, homosexauls, women, green movement):mad: There are some exceptions:mad: but still mostly rich white men. I was also thinking about how democrats are becoming more popular THESE days. I'm not talking about Reagan or bush I'm talking about right now.
      I will admit you're the one of the few dudes I've met on here that brings good evidence (yes that was a complement, :)TAKE IT!) You're evidence proves your point really well that republicans were always dominant back then. If Obama loses to Romney later this year I'll admit that democrats aren't dominant over the republicans in the present day :D.

Look back at the original post i made you'll see that I did say "a few exceptions.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

1)Whether if that was an insult or not I'm not taking it personally don't worry dude.

2)I was simply trying to say your point was valid earlier, and I do get what you said.

3)Yes the republicans do have options, my personnal thought on this is just that the democrats simply have more. Idk if you disagree or not it was just an opinion of mine

4) sorry for not posting you're quotes each paired with a reply like you did. I'm just using a iPod and it hurting my fingers doing all of that:D

I think I'm going to vote for romney
      I think Obama is a good guy & would have been a great president if the congress would have let him actually pass a few laws & put things in motion... & he wasn't the one who put our country in this economic depression. This was a build up of years even before Bush.
      But I do not agree with the health reform...
      Yes it would be nice if everybody could get health insurance & not get denied but I think there is another way around it besides what he did.
      the health reform goes against the constitution,
      because now everybody has to get health insurance, yes it will be affordable but at the same time if you don't get health insurance you can be fined up to 2,000 dollars. It's no longer a choice you have to get it or risk getting fined.
      I think it's up to the person if they want health insurance or not it should not be a forced thing & that is the only problem I have with it.

run101 wrote:

i don't understand why people dislike Bush so much! a single person cant be to blame for the US's problems! sure the war has gone on a little too long but i 100% agree with the reasons we went to war.... bush wasn't a bad president

The economy failed when Bush was in office. A president cannot make the economy better in an instant but he can sure as hell ruin it. Look at the wars in the middle east. We went over there with the goal to find weapons of mass destruction. Bush kept our troops over their for over 10 years and for what? millions of dollars in debt? Did we even find any weapons? No, it was a waste of time and money. Sorry run, but I completely disagree.

If you can provide a commonsensical argument that Bush accomplished anything positive as president, I would love to be proven wrong.

run101 wrote:

i don't understand why people dislike Bush so much! a single person cant be to blame for the US's problems! sure the war has gone on a little too long but i 100% agree with the reasons we went to war.... bush wasn't a bad president

................... I'm going to assume that's a joke.

But just to clarify, why do you think we went to war?

TheChristianHippie wrote:

................... I'm going to assume that's a joke.

But just to clarify, why do you think we went to war?

I can only assume that entire post was a joke. Bush was a blundering idiot. The "war" HA, what an absolute joke. Several nations thrown together under false pretense, killing millions of civilians looking for those "damn terrorists".
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4] I Love You Cassie<3
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

SkyFever wrote:

I think I'm going to vote for romney
      I think Obama is a good guy & would have been a great president if the congress would have let him actually pass a few laws & put things in motion... & he wasn't the one who put our country in this economic depression. This was a build up of years even before Bush.
      But I do not agree with the health reform...
      Yes it would be nice if everybody could get health insurance & not get denied but I think there is another way around it besides what he did.
      the health reform goes against the constitution,
      because now everybody has to get health insurance, yes it will be affordable but at the same time if you don't get health insurance you can be fined up to 2,000 dollars. It's no longer a choice you have to get it or risk getting fined.
      I think it's up to the person if they want health insurance or not it should not be a forced thing & that is the only problem I have with it.

No offense, but I'd rather have people get fined $95 dollars (or 1% of their income, whichever is greater) the first year to $695 (or 2% of their income, whichever is greater) than have people who HAVE health insurance pay $800 dollars when their kid fucks his knee up and has to get 6 stitches.

Don't you think it's a little unfair that my health care costs go up because people who choose not to get health insurance can't be turned away from hospitals and can't afford to pay their hospital bills? I'm not saying people SHOULD be turned away from hospitals (in fact I'm saying the opposite), but if someone chooses not to get health insurance, and then they get hurt or become ill I shouldn't have to pick up their costs.

I mean fuck it, if someone chooses not to get health care they're taking their health into their own hands. They might as well get their own medical degrees and take care of themselves.

Also, you might want to do some research on Massachusetts health reform.

Laddergoat. wrote:

I can only assume that entire post was a joke. Bush was a blundering idiot. The "war" HA, what an absolute joke. Several nations thrown together under false pretense, killing millions of civilians looking for those "damn terrorists".

I honestly like President Bush as a person. He's a recovering alcoholic, he's fucking hilarious, and he seems like a really nice guy. He was just a terribly inept president.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3IodWyGME']...[/ame] (skip to 11:00 to hear him speak)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Globalization ().