Romney vs. Obama

• Re: Romney vs. Obama

dazed.confused wrote:

You said it was Ron Paul who wanted to legalize marijuana? That seems like such a left winged thing to do.

not necessarily. Republicans tend to side with the idea of a small centralised government and bigger state government. that means less federal regulation, but they have their exceptions (they want to regulate abortion, BC pills, etc)

Ron Paul is just a radical right wing that thinks that should apply to almost every single matter. It's not that he really wants to legalize marijuana, he just thinks it's not up to the federal government to decide, but rather state governments.

i don't know, but from a guess, even if Ron Paul had it's way. Marijuana would probably still be illegal in the majority of states
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I think Obama will definitely win, although I'm in favor of Romney. Obama was super smart when he won over the entire gay community. It actually made me like him a lot more. Obama always intended on being a 2 term president, but I'm just not impressed with anything he's done in his first term. He's just spent so much time trying to pass the whole health care plan (in which im NOT in favor of) and in my opinion, has wasted his time. I like Romney and I agree with most of his ideas, although I feel like Ron Paul would have been way better. I'm just a little liberal on foreign policy and social issues like gay marriage, other than that though I'm an all out conservative.

Nayr343 wrote:

Did I have a Ronald Reagan example? Lol , I was simply comparing Romneys chances to Reagans chances.
      You were using that comparison to argue that Democrats are more popular than they used to be, which is a flawed argument.

Nayr343 wrote:

Look back at the original post i made you'll see that I did say "a few exceptions.
      I know what you said, and it's still wrong. When somebody says "a few exceptions," that implies those exceptions are rather insignificant. Given the large number of seniors and Evangelicals that vote Republican, the Republican base is made up of far more than "
      rich white men and that's it really it," which is what you said.

Nayr343 wrote:

3)Yes the republicans do have options, my personnal thought on this is just that the democrats simply have more. Idk if you disagree or not it was just an opinion of mine
      So why are polls showing such a tight race?

It also doesn't necessarily matter how many options you have.
      The Democrats may have the minority vote, homosexual vote, women's vote, and African American vote, whereas the Republicans may have only the white male and senior vote; yet the Republicans can still win because their constituency outnumbers the Democrats in terms of overall numbers.

run101 wrote:

yeah he does! and he takes credit for the death of osama bin laden..... he may have been in office when it happened but he didn't do it himself. i hate when he uses that as a reason for his return to office!
      He gave the go-ahead for the mission, which in hindsight turned out to be a very gusty call.

runnadoll wrote:

He's just spent so much time trying to pass the whole health care plan (in which im NOT in favor of) and in my opinion, has wasted his time.
      Health care is one of the leading problems facing the country; it accounts for the majority of personal bankruptcies and people die on a daily basis because they don't have it. How can you spend too much time trying to fix it?

Why aren't you in favor of the health care plan?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

You were using that comparison to argue that Democrats are more popular than they used to be, which is a flawed argument. I know what you said, and it's still wrong. When somebody says "a few exceptions," that implies those exceptions are rather insignificant. Given the large number of seniors and Evangelicals that vote Republican, the Republican base is made up of far more than "rich white men and that's it really it," which is what you said. So why are polls showing such a tight race?

It also doesn't necessarily matter how many options you have.
      The Democrats may have the minority vote, homosexual vote, women's vote, and African American vote, whereas the Republicans may have only the white male and senior vote; yet the Republicans can still win because their constituency outnumbers the Democrats in terms of overall numbers. He gave the go-ahead for the mission, which in hindsight turned out to be a very gusty call. Health care is one of the leading problems facing the country; it accounts for the majority of personal bankruptcies and people die on a daily basis because they don't have it. How can you spend too much time trying to fix it?

Why aren't you in favor of the health care plan?

1. Why is that first quote a flawed argument? I think I qualifies as debatable argument, especially since Romney hasn't beat obama yet and things are still about even.

2. There's a lot more white men people now... But look our immigration rate. White men will become a minority one day. I know this is a opinion of mine but, what are the poor hispanic's going to vote for? Democrat or republican? I might guess its democrats lol but hey im very confident in that hypothesis. But hey maybe you are right about republicans being popular right now, which might explain if Obama doesn't win. But I will always worry about democrats becoming dominate. You're arguing about how republicans being more popular, but it doesn't convince me that democrats won't become more popular in the future, which was my original argument.

I believe Romney has a good chance to win, but Obama also does. If Romney came out on top I would not be that surprised. But btw If a big liberal doesn't get into the white house and stays now I think it will happen sooner or later. Yes I know what I just said is not really debatable now but one day it will be.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Obama for numerous reasons. To name a few, significant health care reform, the stimulus package, saving the automotive industry, bringing the Iraq war to a close, and other smaller accomplishments such as ending don't ask, don't tell and improving student loan regulations.

On a different topic I find it funny that you favor a democrat but argue that republican are popular while I pefer a conservative and argue the opposite.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nightfall ().