Romney vs. Obama

• Re: Romney vs. Obama

Nayr343 wrote:

1. Why is that first quote a flawed argument? I think I qualifies as debatable argument, especially since Romney hasn't beat obama yet and things are still about even.
      Because Reagan's victories had more to do with the good economy and his personality than the Republican party being popular.

Nayr343 wrote:

2. There's a lot more white men people now... But look our immigration rate. White men will become a minority one day.
      Which is irrelevant because we're discussing the present.

Nayr343 wrote:

But hey maybe you are right about republicans being popular right now, which might explain if Obama doesn't win. But I will always worry about democrats becoming dominate. You're arguing about how republicans being more popular, but it doesn't convince me that democrats won't become more popular in the future, which was my original argument.
      I'm not arguing that the Republicans are more popular. I'm arguing against your original assertion that "Democrats seem to be favored these days." Your original argument had nothing to do with who will become more popular in the future.

And not to mention, Americans over the last several years have had an overall negative view of both parties, within a couple percent of each other.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nayr343 wrote:

You're last paragraph might be irrelevant too.. If both parties are losing popularity at a similar rate then aren't they basically in the same position still?
      How was my last paragraph irrelevant? I've never said during this discussion that Republicans are more popular. I said your claim that the Democrats were the more popular was wrong.

In reality, neither party is popular.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Health care is one of the leading problems facing the country; it accounts for the majority of personal bankruptcies and people die on a daily basis because they don't have it. How can you spend too much time trying to fix it?

Why aren't you in favor of the health care plan?

I am not in favor of Obamacare, not necessarily health care all together.
      I think it's abuse of the commerce clause. Don't get me wrong, free healthcare sounds like an excellent idea. But that's just it, it only sounds like a good idea. Financially, it's a dreadful idea for everyone. Everyone would have to buy an approved insurance policy....everyone.... even the poor. Also, what happens when we do have free healthcare and everybody wants to go to the hospital for every little thing? We'll end up having girls having their babies in the waiting room because there simply is not enough doctors to assist everyone. Speaking of doctors, Obamacare would decrease a doctors pay drastically. Not only would they be making WAY less money, but they would also have to work way more hours seeming as though there is already a decline of doctors available. Also, the fact that so many people go to the ER for little to no reason as it is, doctors are already wasting a lot of their time with patients who do not NEED assistance. Imagine ER's with Obamacare- hospitals would not function the way they should function.

runnadoll wrote:

I am not in favor of Obamacare, not necessarily health care all together.
      I think it's abuse of the commerce clause. Don't get me wrong, free healthcare sounds like an excellent idea. But that's just it, it only sounds like a good idea. Financially, it's a dreadful idea for everyone. Everyone would have to buy an approved insurance policy....everyone.... even the poor. Also, what happens when we do have free healthcare and everybody wants to go to the hospital for every little thing? We'll end up having girls having their babies in the waiting room because there simply is not enough doctors to assist everyone. Speaking of doctors, Obamacare would decrease a doctors pay drastically. Not only would they be making WAY less money, but they would also have to work way more hours seeming as though there is already a decline of doctors available. Also, the fact that so many people go to the ER for little to no reason as it is, doctors are already wasting a lot of their time with patients who do not NEED assistance. Imagine ER's with Obamacare- hospitals would not function the way they should function.

Be careful... He doesn't like it when you use the phrase obama care. :cool:

Nayr343 wrote:

Um there is still popularity .. both parties are less popular but it's not like they have no supporters left.
      Right, but polls show the majority of Americans find them both unpopular.

runnadoll wrote:

I think it's abuse of the commerce clause. Don't get me wrong, free healthcare sounds like an excellent idea.
      The health care passed by Obama isn't free. Even a single-payer healthcare system, which is what Obama actually wanted, isn't free.

runnadoll wrote:

Financially, it's a dreadful idea for everyone. Everyone would have to buy an approved insurance policy....everyone.... even the poor
      No, it's not everyone. If you make under the tax-filing threshold, you are not required to buy health insurance under the new law. Same story if the cheapest insurance you can find exceeds 8% of your annual income. Plus, for people who are unemployed or who have little income, they're eligible for either Medicare or subsidies.

runnadoll wrote:

Also, what happens when we do have free healthcare and everybody wants to go to the hospital for every little thing? We'll end up having girls having their babies in the waiting room because there simply is not enough doctors to assist everyone.
      Again, it's not free.

We already have hospital overcrowding, partially due to the amount of uninsured. People lacking health insurance often can't afford a physician, so they go to the ER. With no insurance, they consequently can't pay the hospital; the hospital is then forced to charge people with health insurance a higher cost.
      It makes no sense.

Everybody
      uses the health care system, and everybody should be required to pay for it.

Nayr343 wrote:

Speaking of doctors, Obamacare would decrease a doctors pay drastically. Not only would they be making WAY less money, but they would also have to work way more hours seeming as though there is already a decline of doctors available.
      Decrease it drastically? Who told you that? The law would mostly affect a specialized doctors salary, but not drastically. i.e. anesthesiologists, pediatricians, etc.
      I wouldn't be overly concerned with a slight drop in their salary.

There would be an increased demand for doctors, but making the health of U.S. citizens solely an economic issue seems a bit trivial.

Nayr343 wrote:

Also, the fact that so many people go to the ER for little to no reason as it is, doctors are already wasting a lot of their time with patients who do not NEED assistance. Imagine ER's with Obamacare- hospitals would not function the way they should function.
      Yet, countries who actually have true universal health care seem to function just fine; in fact, out of all the industrialized countries, the U.S. is rated as one of the worst in terms of health care.

runnadoll wrote:

lol who??? Obama?
      Me. It's an overused pejorative term.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by LuklaAdvocate ().