Discovering A New Place

• Discovering A New Place

Hey guys !
      We were reading Frankenstine in English and we had to write about familiar place as if we were frankenstines monster discovering this place for the first time. Anyway here is what I wrote.Its about a island that I used to go to every summer with my parents when I was younger but we never go anymore!:/
      Anyway I thought I would share it with you guys so enjoy and tell me what you think!

So I guess this is what people mean by sea sickness.I must admit that the idea of my stomach emptying it's contence by bringing it back up us not one that appeals to me.The smell of the ocean is certainly catching my attention. The strong salty taste in my mouth is extreamly unplesant but the breeze is celestial. Though the increasing bounce of the waves is making my stomach less and less settled I find the sound of the birds extreamly comforting.Im not sure I like the water.Its cold, it sends shivers running up my spine.I can feel the boat slowly stopping and my stomach gradually easing.
      Why is the captain looking at me like that? Like I'm some sort of freak?
      The sand between my toes is sending a warmth through my body. My feet seem to make peculiar noises as I walk through the sand. I'm not sure of my opinion of this place yet. Though the sand is not easy to walk through and the ocean air both smells and tastes slightly funny these are things that I'm sure ,in time I could become accustomed to. Ahh. Ye shade of the tree relieves my head from the heat of the sun and also blocks its glare.I like it here.Secluded , quiet , my sort of thing. I'm becoming aquatinted with my surroundings and I am sure in time this could become a remarkable abode.

So that was my piece of writing! I'm 14 and in second year going into third year! Please comment your opinion!
      Thanks!:)