Man finds someone molesting his daughter - kills him. Should he be charged?

• Re: Man finds someone molesting his daughter - kills him. Should he be charged?

AdamUK wrote:

The father should be praised.

A sick paedophile is now dead and so cannot harm any other children.

No, that's terrible logic. If the father was to be praised for killing him, that would incite vigilante justice throughout the world, which is simply stupid.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4] I Love You Cassie<3
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Man finds someone molesting his daughter - kills him. Should he be charged?

Laddergoat. wrote:

If the father was to be praised for killing him, that would incite vigilante justice throughout the world

I highly doubt that. I agree that to openly praise the man is a silly fantasy- and most who've said similar things are probably aware of that- but so is that statement.

I hate extremes.

Ben Venomous wrote:

I highly doubt that. I agree that to openly praise the man is a silly fantasy- and most who've said similar things are probably aware of that- but so is that statement.

I hate extremes.

If I were an angry, protective Dad, and I saw on the news one night that a man beat another man to death who just so happened to be a paedophile, but didn't go to jail, but instead was praised for doing such a good deed, that would promote me to think. Well, he can do it, why can't I?

No extremes here dude.
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Laddergoat. wrote:

If I were an angry, protective Dad, and I saw on the news one night that a man beat another man to death who just so happened to be a paedophile, but didn't go to jail, but instead was praised for doing such a good deed, that would promote me to think. Well, he can do it, why can't I?

No extremes here dude.

In that case, sure. It would incite vigilante justice in a peer of the man in question. That is logical.

Vigilante justice the WORLD over, regardless of the crime? Illogical.

I discussed most of my ideas about this case the day it was posted, I don't like repeating myself either so if you want my side you'll have to look there. =P

>Thinking about your example, i'm not sure how many people would hesitate to kill a known pedophile standing in front of them.. in our man's case, he was even caught in the act.

A vigilante reacting to this story would have to either go to a correctional facility or find a list of sex offenders to repeat the situation. Most people willing to go to such lengths have already, or will be, locked up for serious crimes due to their lack of impulse control.<

Just my two cents though.

Ben Venomous wrote:

In that case, sure. It would incite vigilante justice in a peer of the man in question. That is logical.

Vigilante justice the WORLD over, regardless of the crime? Illogical.

I discussed most of my ideas about this case the day it was posted, I don't like repeating myself either so if you want my side you'll have to look there. =P

>Thinking about your example, i'm not sure how many people would hesitate to kill a known pedophile standing in front of them.. in our man's case, he was even caught in the act.

A vigilante reacting to this story would have to either go to a correctional facility or find a list of sex offenders to repeat the situation. Most people willing to go to such lengths have already, or will be, locked up for serious crimes due to their lack of impulse control.<

Just my two cents though.

But, that situation is based off the news story.

Neither of us can speak for the entire world, but I'm sure there would be people throughout the world with the exact mentality as my example who upon seeing that he was praised, would do exactly that.

Finding a list of sex offenders is reasonably easy, a quick google search and there you go.

I know I wouldn't kill a known paedophile, but that's just me.
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Laddergoat. ().