Man finds someone molesting his daughter - kills him. Should he be charged?

• Man finds someone molesting his daughter - kills him. Should he be charged?

Should the father be charged? 16
        Yes (2) 13%
        No (14) 88%
      Should the father be charged?

Personally, I don't think so. You can't expect a wrathful father in the heat of the moment to know when to stop.

What's your opinion?
      Unhelpful and proud of it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Razzamoly ().

• Re: Man finds someone molesting his daughter - kills him. Should he be charged?

^ Yes. It's one less monster prowling the streets. People like this don't usually stop. The "help" they get often does nothing. If you have the mind to sexualy abuse a four year old girl, you're too far gone.

I think he did what he was supposed to do. The man feels remorse over the killing, which shows that he genuinely didn't mean it. A good person can't kill someone without some kind of regret or feelings. He just kept hitting in his fit of rage. What good dad wouldn't protect, at all costs, their little girl or boy?
      Unhelpful and proud of it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Razzamoly ().

• Re: Man finds someone molesting his daughter - kills him. Should he be charged?

Of course he should be charged, he killed a man. You can regret whatever the fuck you want, that doesn't mean you just get off free. He KILLED someone, that's murder, no matter how you put it.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4] I Love You Cassie<3
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

its a tough call. on one hand, you think that vigilantism would solve everything. Theres things i read in the news every day where i think to myself "someone should off that waste of life and clean up the gene pool"

but the truth is but he did take a life. and that starts you on a slippery slope of when its ok to murder someone

though in all seriousness, if the deceased was really molesting this guys daughter, he will either take a plea deal and possibly avoid jail time, or be acquitted by a jury of his peers.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

also, this would probably fall under the category of man slaughter. a good lawyer would argue that he got caught up in the heat of the moment and the parental urge to protect his daughter took over.

murder is pre-meditated. like if this guy went back to the molesters house hours later and stabbed him, THAT would be murder. But if the father beat the molester up and he then died, that would be qualified as manslaughter im pretty sure.
      My Name Is Johnny Truant. I Like Rock And Roll.

Anyone who posted saying he should't be charged with anything is a stupid fucking idiot

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Laddergoat. wrote:

Man-slaughter, murder, same shit, different name. One just makes you serve more time in jail.

Absolutely not an you are retarded for saying that

Okay, we're stupid fucking idiots, but what should he be charged with and why?

I'd punch a dude in the head until he died too if he was groping a FOUR-YEAR-OLD girl. I don't suppose i'd be thinking rationally at all at that point.

Oh, and who would be getting justice if the father were to serve time for this?

..the molester? You think he deserves justice? You think that one girl was the first he'd ever touched? Or was going to be the last?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ben Venomous ().

Ben Venomous wrote:

Okay, we're stupid fucking idiots, but what should he be charged with and why?
      - Manslaughter, I feel this could even fall under 3rd or 4th degree murder..

I'd punch a dude in the head until he died too if he was groping a FOUR-YEAR-OLD girl.
      -No you wouldn't

I don't suppose i'd be thinking rationally at all at that point
      -So because he wasn't thinking rationally its okay to kill a man without consequence? Lmao think about that...

Oh, and who would be getting justice if the father were to serve time for this?

..the molester? You think he deserves justice? You think that one girl was the first he'd ever touched? Or was going to be the last?

Lmfao kid, youre allowing your emotions cloud your vision

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jeremiah ().

Jerryy wrote:

Lmfao kid, youre allowing your emotions cloud your vision

Oops, didn't see you put your response in the quote. I agree that manslaughter would be a fair charge in terms of law. I just really feel that the man probably feels a great deal of guilt over taking another life, even in defense of his daughter.. similar to how you felt the text-and-drive kid's guilt over killing a father would be the greatest punishment.

I would probably punch him quite a few times at least. Don't really know how much it takes to punch a man to death, honestly.

I don't think 'okay' is the right word, but in legal terms, you can get away with a *lot* using your emotional state/lack of reason as a defense. I think this is one case where it may actually be justified.

Hope that clarifies that i'm not just impulsively defending this guy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ben Venomous ().

Laddergoat. wrote:

Man-slaughter, murder, same shit, different name. One just makes you serve more time in jail.

i dont know if i necessarily agree with that statement. i feel like theres a difference between a loss of rational emotions, or an accident, or a situation where someone goes too far, and someone who is like a serial killer or something like that. theres a clear difference between this guy who went too far to protect his daughter in the eyes of the law, and someone who kills in cold blood.

The law sees it from my perspective as well, hence the difference between murder and man slaughter in the American judicial system.

Jerryy wrote:

Anyone who posted saying he should't be charged with anything is a stupid fucking idiot

well... in FL you have the right to shoot someone on your property if they are not supposed to be there and are a potential threat... plus if you kill someone out of self-defense there is usually no penalty... therefore, i think that killing someone to protect a child should alleviate criminal charges

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and thats why this story falls into this grey area. i dont think there really is a right or wrong answer. in my heart i feel like i wouldnt charge the guy. As far as im concerned what he did was right. he protected his child. i feel most parents would kill for their children. and would they be in the wrong? no

but as messed up as it sounds, and im sure this is how the people charging him feel, his daughters life, nor his, was in danger. therefore he wasnt in the right IN THE EYES OF THE LAW

Ben Venomous wrote:

Oops, didn't see you put your response in the quote. I agree that manslaughter would be a fair charge in terms of law. I just really feel that the man probably feels a great deal of guilt over taking another life, even in defense of his daughter.. similar to how you felt the text-and-drive kid's guilt over killing a father would be the greatest punishment.

- 1. In regards to that last thread about the texting driver, its quite a different situation.. that kid didn't have any intentions to.hurt the other driver. Given, he probably did understand the.risk.he was putting others at. Now in this situation...the man had every intention of hurting the molester but he lost control and ended up killing him... you gotta agree that you cant compare the kids vs the mans guilt..

I would probably punch him quite a few times at least. Don't really know how much it takes to punch a man to death, honestly.

-this. I honestly don't know how hard you have to beat someone up to kill them... but I know for a fact you have to open a whole 24 pack of whoop-ass (assumimg the molester was in average health)

I don't think 'okay' is the right word, but in legal terms, you can get away with a *lot* using your emotional state/lack of reason as a defense. I think this is one case where it may actually be justified.

- I agree there should be leeway for emotions in the court room but I really don't think this is right situation
      Hope that clarifies that i'm not just impulsively defen
      ding this guy.

The man didn't die a couple hrs later in the hospital either.. he died before responders got there

Imo he knew exactly what he was doing

" The father was reportedly "very remorseful" about the death and did not know the alleged abuser would die of his injuries."
      Bullshit