Asexual thread...

• Re: Asexual thread...

I don't think it's a myth, per se. I used to have a pretty normal male sex drive..

then i thought i was gay..

then i had an experience with a guy, and knew i wasn't gay..

now i only get aroused when i focus on it with the desire to be aroused.

Not sure what causes stuff like this to happen though. And i'm sure some of these guys/gals really don't ever get aroused. Maybe heather's close and it only happens when you go a long time without being laid. I think general psychological issues like depression or addiction could play a role in a diminished sex drive.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ben Venomous ().

Heather wrote:

Asexuality is a myth. It's just something people say because they can't get laid and they want to look cool.

I find it sad that this culture is so based around sex that just the thought of someone not feeling sexually attracted to others becomes a threat and receives this many insults. If you insulted someone for being homosexual you would be a whole arsenal of people up in arms to defend them, but just because there is a new minority means that we can start all over as a society and persecute against them? This makes no sense to me.

As for the part of saying that asexuals "Can't get laid" Though I know I can't speak for all asexuals, but for myself, I have had many experiences with having intimate relations with my ex and though I participated in them I still felt nothing, I became bored, and my only thought was "I bet there's something more entertaining on television,". Though I have tried to feel something sexual, I just have not. It's not a choice but just the way my mind and body seem to work.

Icesar wrote:

I find it sad that this culture is so based around sex that just the thought of someone not feeling sexually attracted to others becomes a threat and receives this many insults. If you insulted someone for being homosexual you would be a whole arsenal of people up in arms to defend them, but just because there is a new minority means that we can start all over as a society and persecute against them? This makes no sense to me.

As for the part of saying that asexuals "Can't get laid" Though I know I can't speak for all asexuals, but for myself, I have had many experiences with having intimate relations with my ex and though I participated in them I still felt nothing, I became bored, and my only thought was "I bet there's something more entertaining on television,". Though I have tried to feel something sexual, I just have not. It's not a choice but just the way my mind and body seem to work.

sounds like you just had bad sex and that put you off
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Icesar wrote:

There is no persuading you people. Oh well, your choice. I am comfortable with my sexuality and I know who and what I am. If any other asexuals see this post, pm me, and I can link you to a website that is free of these bigots.

I don't think there's any trolling that, honestly. Ya'll should be more open-minded.

Still don't like the term 'asexual', I prefer lack of sex drive. We still have the organs, and science is pretty amazing.

Okay, I consider myself asexual. Why do you all care? Stop starting arguments. If asexuality is a myth and homosexuality is a disease, then who gives a shit? You don't need to tell us we're wrong just because we got "bad dick". Guess what? I've also got a girlfriend. I've had a couple boyfriends. The fact is, we don't like what we've had and you aren't going to convince us anymore than we're going to convince you, so why bother?

How very curious...so many of you seem to hold that asexuality is some form of myth...

I suppose it is not unnatural. The society in which we live in is over sexualized, promoting sexual interaction left and right, and demonizing those who do not engage in it, or engage in it "the wrong way". It only follows then, however unfortunate, that people would demonize asexuality.

Tell me something...what constitutes asexuality being "a myth"? Do you truly conceive it is impossible to be attracted to something, while also having a normal functioning libido? Because it is quite possible. And if you foolishly deny this occurrence, would not the lack of a libido also constitute asexualities existence in some form?

Whatever the path, to label asexuality as "a myth" is turning a blind eye to reality, and is nothing more than a picture perfect example of willful ignorance. How very sad.

I am a recently come-out Asexual myself, and I find it discouraging when the first page has people saying that asexuality and homosexuality is a myth and an illness. I will admit that I am confused as the next person, but I am fully aware that the sexual side of human life does not interest me at all. I'm happy to know that I"m not fully alone.
    [CENTER]"No...No your not sorry....If you were sorry: you would do something about it"
    [/CENTER]

Somebody needs to explain to me how this site works. There are way too many trolls and the worst trolls seem to be the ones with all the stars by their name, even moderators getting on here to cuss people out for no reason. This is insane. Is this seriously how this site is run? By a bunch of assholes? Who owns this fuckin site anyway? I wanna talk to the manager >=(

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

I almost failed high school cause every single book in English class we had to read was about sex.

YO_VANILLA wrote:

I'm not going to say if asexuality is real or fake, but if you guys want to be cold and alone for the rest of your life by all means continue to be "asexual"

You probably were better off not saying anything. Honestly, why does nobody seem to understand this? If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything. It's a good lesson to learn. Just like if you don't like something ignore it. That's what I've learned, being asexual.

talrez wrote:

WOW, you people are mean...

asexuality is not a myth, homosexuality IS a disease, but not like the Flu... its genetic, like ADHD, I have ADHD, and i live with it. thats what gay people do.
    this is my opinion, if you wish to negate please do it in a calm and MATURE manner.

:lol: Your explanation is more insulting than saying it's just a myth.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]