Asexual thread...

• Re: Asexual thread...

g_squidman wrote:

So do you guys hate it or are you just not interested at all?

I do not hate sex. It's not something that I think is wrong in any way shape or form, I'm just not interested in it. It's like different genres of music. Like lets say you like classical and I don't, doesn't really make a difference in the long run of things, it's just how we are. Sex is just something I don't want to do. LIke I dated a boy and after about a year or so of dating we started doing intimate things together. I didn't get any enjoyment out of it but I participated because he did like it. If you talk to asexuals that are in or have been in relationships with sexuals, you will hear about a lot of asexuals compromising because they love their partner and are willing to accept that that is part of them, like a sexual partner will understand that their partner isn't to into it so they won't push or guilt when the asexual partner does can't do it.

g_squidman wrote:

So do you guys hate it or are you just not interested at all?

Just not interested. We have no desire for sexual relations.

YO_VANILLA wrote:

I'm not going to say if asexuality is real or fake, but if you guys want to be cold and alone for the rest of your life by all means continue to be "asexual"

You imply that to love someone you need to fuck them.

What?

Is it impossible to conceive that two individuals cannot have a close, loving relationship, without sex? How sad.

Immortal Technique wrote:

Asexuality is the biggest sham since the holocaust.

Do humor me. What is you justification for both those claims?

talrez wrote:

...homosexuality IS a disease...

Is heterosexuality a disease? If no, then why do you say homosexuality?

If you simply say because it's different, that's not enough to call it a disease. By that logic, different eye, skin, and hair colours should be "diseases" too.

JC wrote:

Y'all need a psychologist.

You imply there's something wrong with us.

How so?
    The happiness and peace of a people...are forged from the tears of others...
    To find their pleasure...they reap sorrow...and sow despair...
    This cycle of hatred...will never cease...

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Chaos Heart ().

Icesar wrote:

And because of our lacking of those hormones, that makes us Asexual. Umad?

Then you have a low libido, which can be sorted out by a doctor. You're implying that a low libido should be classed with actual sexualities that people are born with.

g_squidman wrote:

I kind of don't believe in bisexuality either..... Asexuality... Well I just did some reading up on it and it describes me completely. I guess I'm asexual. XP ha! In your face.

"yes this label sounds kewl, i'll identify with it"

You shoot down bisexuality but say asexuality is an actual sexuality? LOL okay.

Icesar wrote:

There is no persuading you people. Oh well, your choice. I am comfortable with my sexuality and I know who and what I am. If any other asexuals see this post, pm me, and I can link you to a website that is free of these bigots.

Posts like these are what make me think even more that you're just looking for something trendy to identify with because you've turned your pseudo-sexuality into a major part of yourself.

The Chaos Heart wrote:

How very curious...so many of you seem to hold that asexuality is some form of myth...

Yes.

The Chaos Heart wrote:

I suppose it is not unnatural. The society in which we live in is over sexualized, promoting sexual interaction left and right, and demonizing those who do not engage in it, or engage in it "the wrong way". It only follows then, however unfortunate, that people would demonize asexuality.

Nobody gives a shit if you are uninterested in sex.

The Chaos Heart wrote:

Tell me something...what constitutes asexuality being "a myth"? Do you truly conceive it is impossible to be attracted to something, while also having a normal functioning libido? Because it is quite possible. And if you foolishly deny this occurrence, would not the lack of a libido also constitute asexualities existence in some form?

No, because lack of a libido is a medical issue.

The Chaos Heart wrote:

Whatever the path, to label asexuality as "a myth" is turning a blind eye to reality, and is nothing more than a picture perfect example of willful ignorance. How very sad.

Incorrectly labeling something as "asexuality" is an "example of willful ignorance."

SeaofFaces_Survivor wrote:

I am a recently come-out Asexual myself, and I find it discouraging when the first page has people saying that asexuality and homosexuality is a myth and an illness. I will admit that I am confused as the next person, but I am fully aware that the sexual side of human life does not interest me at all. I'm happy to know that I"m not fully alone.

Because he's serious and everything. :rolleyes:

g_squidman wrote:

Somebody needs to explain to me how this site works. There are way too many trolls and the worst trolls seem to be the ones with all the stars by their name, even moderators getting on here to cuss people out for no reason. This is insane. Is this seriously how this site is run? By a bunch of assholes? Who owns this fuckin site anyway? I wanna talk to the manager >=(

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

I almost failed high school cause every single book in English class we had to read was about sex.

Fucking dying. :rofl:

Being uninterested in sex and being so repulsed by it that you're willing to fail your class are two different things, your case leading me to believe your self-identifying with asexuality runs deeper than a low libido. See a therapist.

g_squidman wrote:

You probably were better off not saying anything. Honestly, why does nobody seem to understand this? If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything. It's a good lesson to learn. Just like if you don't like something ignore it. That's what I've learned, being asexual.

Nobody can have an opinion? k.

talrez wrote:

WOW, you people are mean...

asexuality is not a myth, homosexuality IS a disease, but not like the Flu... its genetic, like ADHD, I have ADHD, and i live with it. thats what gay people do.
    this is my opinion, if you wish to negate please do it in a calm and MATURE manner.

So you're preaching acceptance for asexuality but wish to classify homosexuality, something that is far more widespread than your bullshit sexuality and which people are born with, as a disease? L m a o.

Mrs. Butterworth wrote:

Nobody gives a shit if you are uninterested in sex.

Au contraire, one need only look at all the ads, television programming, movies, and other forms of media, which shove sexualized content down people's throats, to know that society places, at least in part, your worth in your sex life. Teens and young adults (typically male) are berated for being virgins. Not having sex is seen is shameful.

It is quite obvious to anyone with eyes that society does indeed care if you don't have sex, whatever the reasoning behind it.

No, because lack of a libido is a medical issue.

Good thing Asexuality is not defined is a lack of libido. Hence, Asexuality is not a medical issue. One can have a very high libido, and still lack a sexual orientation. Or rather, lack attraction to either sex.

Incorrectly labeling something as "asexuality" is an "example of willful ignorance."

Depends on the context of the labeling. Labeling something incorrectly knowingly would be willful ignorance. However, labeling something incorrectly in general, while a form of ignorance, is not willful ignorance.

Brush up on your terminology.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Chaos Heart ().

The Chaos Heart wrote:

Au contraire, one need only look at all the ads, television programming, movies, and other forms of media, which shove sexualized content down people's throats, to know that society places, at least in part, your worth in your sex life. Teens and young adults (typically male) are berated for being virgins. Not having sex is seen is shameful.

Stay off MTV then? I hardly see that shit on any of the channels I watch, or anything I read. Sounds like you're just butthurt that a few people teased you and turned it into this huge thing.

The Chaos Heart wrote:

It is quite obvious to anyone with eyes that society does indeed care if you don't have sex, whatever the reasoning behind it.

Yes, it's a massive conspiracy against you. Pretty obvious what type of people are so concerned about whether or not someone's had sex or not.

The Chaos Heart wrote:

Good thing Asexuality is not defined is a lack of libido. Hence, Asexuality is not a medical issue. One can have a very high libido, and still lack a sexual orientation. Or rather, lack attraction to either sex.

as*

Pretty sure libido is defined as a desire for sex, so obviously the person with a high libido still wants to fuck someone/something.

0/10

The Chaos Heart wrote:

Depends on the context of the labeling. Labeling something incorrectly knowingly would be willful ignorance. However, labeling something incorrectly in general, while a form of ignorance, is not willful ignorance.

Brush up on your terminology.

I was mocking you. lrn2readquotes

Off-topic, but the italics don't make you look deep or intelligent; they just make you look emo.

Mrs. Butterworth wrote:

Stay off MTV then? I hardly see that shit on any of the channels I watch, or anything I read. Sounds like you're just butthurt that a few people teased you and turned it into this huge thing.

Your subjective experiences are not evidence for an objective reality. Try again.

Yes, it's a massive conspiracy against you.

Straw man fallacy. I never claimed such a thing.

]Pretty sure libido is defined as a desire for sex,

Sexual gratification. But go on.

so obviously the person with a high libido still wants to fuck someone/something.

Incorrect. A person with a high libido means they have a high desire for sexual gratification; period. Sexual attraction is an entirely different subject. Just because someone has a high libido, does not mean they have an attraction to attribute this too. In essence, it is possible to have a high desire for sexual gratification, but have nothing which draws you in sexually. Much like being hungry, but everything surrounding you seems tasteless or disgusting. Libido is hunger. Attraction is appeal of taste. Not a perfect example, but close enough.

Consequently, your .jpg reflects the validity of your thoughts on the subject. Given that sexual attraction is a separate entity from libido, to base your argument about Asexuality (a sexual orientation) on libido, renders your argument logically invalid, on the basis that it's premis does not relate to it's conclusion. Congratulations.

I was mocking you. lrn2readquotes

Admitting that you are devolving into mindless ad hominems only worsens your position I hope you know.

The post was edited 3 times, last by The Chaos Heart ().

The Chaos Heart wrote:

Your subjective experiences are not evidence for an objective reality. Try again.

Straw man fallacy. I never claimed such a thing.

Sexual gratification. But go on.

Incorrect. A person with a high libido means they have a high desire for sexual gratification; period. Sexual attraction is an entirely different subject. Just because someone has a high libido, does not mean they have an attraction to attribute this too. In essence, it is possible to have a high desire for sexual gratification, but have nothing which draws you in sexually. Much like being hungry, but everything surrounding you seems tasteless or disgusting. Libido is hunger. Attraction is appeal of taste. Not a perfect example, but close enough.

Consequently, your .jpg reflects the validity of your thoughts on the subject. Given that sexual attraction is a separate entity from libido, to base your argument about Asexuality (a sexual orientation) on libido, renders your argument logically invalid, on the basis that it's premis does not relate to it's conclusion. Congratulations.

Admitting that you are devolving into mindless ad hominems only worsens your position I hope you know.

Nigger.