Books and Reading Survey

• Books and Reading Survey

Hey! I'm a college student, and my assignment for this week involves teen reading habits. If you wouldn't mind, and you actually fall between the ages of 13 and 19, could you please answer the following questions in a reply to the thread? Thanks, and have fun!

1. Do you read outside of school? If yes, is it just reading for information, or do you read for fun?

2. What kind of material do you read? What format? (Fiction, non-fiction, romance, graphic novels, magazines, e-books...)

3. What was the last book you read for fun? What was it about? Did you like it? How did you choose it?

4. What was the last book you read for school? What was it about? Did you like it? Who assigned it?

5. What kind of stories interest you? (Genre, or specific scenarios)

6. How do you classify yourself? (I was a loner/goth/indie teenager, for example.)

7. What's your favorite series?

8. What series is popular in your school right now?

9. Do you have your own collection of books or other reading material? What sort of stuff is in it? Do you buy your materials, or does someone else? Do you read print, or digitally?

10. Do you use the library?

11. Do you do e-reading at all? What do you think of reading in that format, versus paper?

12. What influences your reading? (Recommendations, reviews.) What sort of book covers do you like?

Please, pleeeease help me out. 12 questions won't kill you!

The post was edited 1 time, last by lady-logistikon ().

• Re: Books and Reading Survey

Hey! I'm a college student, and my assignment for this week involves teen reading habits. If you wouldn't mind, and you actually fall between the ages of 13 and 19, could you please answer the following questions in a reply to the thread? Thanks, and have fun!

1. Do you read outside of school? If yes, is it just reading for information, or do you read for fun? I read for fun

2. What kind of material do you read? What format? (Fiction, non-fiction, romance, graphic novels, magazines, e-books...) Magazines, fiction

3. What was the last book you read for fun? What was it about? Did you like it? How did you choose it? Little Brother. It's the story about the government going insane after a terrorist attack on a bridge. very interesting.

4. What was the last book you read for school? What was it about? Did you like it? Who assigned it? "the Bean Trees" by Barbara Kingsolver. my english teacher assigned it. i liked how there was plot action, it kept me entertained.

5. What kind of stories interest you? (Genre, or specific scenarios) fiction, Little brother type of thing

6. How do you classify yourself? (I was a loner/goth/indie teenager, for example.) idk

7. What's your favorite series? hunger games

8. What series is popular in your school right now? twilight, hunger games

9. Do you have your own collection of books or other reading material? What sort of stuff is in it? Do you buy your materials, or does someone else? Do you read print, or digitally?

10. Do you use the library? no

11. Do you do e-reading at all? What do you think of reading in that format, versus paper? i like the old fashioned version :)

12. What influences your reading? (Recommendations, reviews.) What sort of book covers do you like? friends, family, reviews. i like book covers that catch my attention
    • Re: Books and Reading Survey

1. Do you read outside of school?Yes If yes, is it just reading for information, or do you read for fun? I read for fun I really enjoy it and relaxes me

2. What kind of material do you read? What format? (Fiction, non-fiction, romance, graphic novels, magazines, e-books...) Anything I can get my hands on. But Novels

3. What was the last book you read for fun? What was it about? Did you like it? How did you choose it?The book I am currently reading Second Chance Summer, Morgan Matson. Yes I am reading it for fun. It's one of the best books I have read in a while. It's about this girl her father is dieing of Cancer so her family returns back to a summer house where this girl has
      left a lot behind her. The past soon catchs up with her. I choose it I read the first page and I was hooked. I really enjoy it because it reminds me of my family and I can just really realte to it.

4. What was the last book you read for school? What was it about? Did you like it? Who assigned it?We actually just finished Ethan From, It's about this guy he is very poor and he is married to his wife who is sickly. His wife cousins lives with them and helps take care of his wife and well they fall in love. I didn't really like it, I wanted more to happen. I expected more from it. My english teacher.

5. What kind of stories interest you? (Genre, or specific scenarios)
      Drama,Teenage Relationships, Sci-Fi (Such as the Ulglies Series
      that sort of thing), anything about a teenage girl..., or orphans or someone
      being abused. Books that I can really realte to on a person level

6. How do you classify yourself? (I was a loner/goth/indie teenager, for example.)I really don't know, I'm not into ''Labeling''... I just am myself...

7. What's your favorite series?
      I rather enjoyed The Uglies Series and Anything by Sarah Dessen,

8. What series is popular in your school right now?
      I'd prob have to say the hunger games sadly...
      9. Do you have your own collection of books or other reading material? What sort of stuff is in it? Do you buy your materials, or does someone else? Do you read print, or digitally?No I don't have my own collection I tired to but whenever I did I would get bored with reading the same books over and over again

10. Do you use the library?
      The School's

11. Do you do e-reading at all? What do you think of reading in that format, versus paper?I don't use it personally, I think it takes away from the point of reading an actual book.

12. What influences your reading? (Recommendations, reviews.) What sort of book covers do you like?

Just when I see something that jumps out at me I pick it up read the cover and the first page if I like and I can't out it down then I'm hooked

''Book Worm''...(;