Rape is Worse Than Murder

• Re: Rape is Worse Than Murder

With rape victims, there's a chance at recovery and redemption. With murder, what's left? The person is dead and can never do anything ever again. Ashley Judd is a notable rape survivor. Look at all the fantastic charitable and humanitarian work she's done post rape. Now imagine if she had been murdered instead of raped.

I've never been raped, I don't know. I'm sure for some women and even some men it feels like the end of the world and they wish they could just die instead of suffer the pain anymore. But in a lot of cases, the victim is able to get over the attack and able to still make a positive impact in the world.

Encoreliber wrote:

I can definitely see where you're coming from but that doesn't make my viewpoint any different. I know a few rape survivors, one of them got raped within the last week and I'm there for them and listen. It really changes someone...

I know a few myself and none of them are particularly haunted by it. One of them even married her rapist!
      You're like the drug that I can't stop taking. I want more and I can't stop craving ^^

They are both utterly heinous acts and I think that they are about on the same level of severity. I don't think any of us (unless we experience it first hand) can imagine the amount of mental and emotional trauma that a rape victim has to deal with. And murder, well I don't think I have to tell any of you the amount of pain that this causes to family, friends and other people that may have cared or loved the murder victim. And well, killing is just wrong unless it's in the context of self-defense and the other person is a threat to your own life.

The post was edited 2 times, last by gman4354 ().

Murder is obviously worse than rape.
      There's nothing worse than taking a human life.
      Rape gives you an opportunity to redeem yourself and in some cases, even get revenge.
      Sure, there's psychological damage involved.
      However, shit like getting assaulted,stolen from to the point of ruin, bullied for a long period of time, etc also leave deep psychological scars.
      I'm sure if everybody had a chance to pick what happened to them, nobody would pick to get murdered over any of those.
      Hello JC - Cade

The post was edited 1 time, last by JC ().

Papa Bear wrote:

ok heres a question, if you had to take it in the ass every day for the next 70 years in order to survive, would you? (don't worry Danny, I know your answer to this question already)

What relevance is that to this debate? I'm sure most straight males would say they'd rather die than do that, and I can't say I'm any different. But that's a completely different circumstance than being raped once, JR.

If someone told me I was either going to die today, or I'd have to take it in the ass once and get to keep living my life...bring on the dick. Sure, it's traumatizing as shit and I probably would have a really hard time getting over that situation but at least then I would have the chance to. That's what's important. And if for some reason I was unable to get over the trauma, I could always just take my own life later.

When you're dead, YOU'RE DEAD.
      Your remains could just be a bunch of arms, legs and guts rotting at the deep end of a flithy pond, and its very possible that no one finds out who murdered you (Very unfair right?)

When you are dead you don't care because you are dead. You don't care about you're body, you don't live life in fear,you are dead.

Dead is dead I agree. But you suffer nothing except that you are no longer alive but hey you are dead so it doesn't matter. You wouldn't care because you would be dead.

Your family and friends will move on and remember when you are alve but they will recover from that.

Rape victims sometimes never recover. Some kill themselves because they cannot live with the memories, the nightmares.

They are dead inside. They bury their emotions so deep within themselves that they just don't care anymore.

Some recover but only some and yet one cannot fully recover from something like that.

Rape in my opinion is worse. It is a slower death and no one can truly fully recover from it.

Murder, unfair?
      Is not life unfair?

IDK.LOL
      "Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” - George Bernard Shaw
      youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

They can recover and lead normal lives. But they never get rid of the memories, they still remember and when those memories resurface they relive, even if only for an instant, everything they went through. Thus never fully or truly recovering.

Who cares if you are dead?

You won't care if you are dead. You will be dead!

You never hear the dead complaining about being killed or dying do you?
      "Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” - George Bernard Shaw
      youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

IDK.LOL wrote:

They can recover and lead normal lives. But they never get rid of the memories, they still remember and when those memories resurface they relive, even if only for an instant, everything they went through. Thus never fully or truly recovering.

Who cares if you are dead?

You won't care if you are dead. You will be dead!

You never hear the dead complaining about being killed or dying do you?

So you're saying you rather be dead than be raped?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Immortal Technique wrote:

If someone told me I was either going to die today, or I'd have to take it in the ass once and get to keep living my life...bring on the dick.

that's cuz you're a faggot.

Ziggs wrote:

So you're saying you rather be dead than be raped?

I do. Death is a natural process, it's the one single thing no body can escape from. Rape is the humiliation, disgrace, shame, whatever

#livefastdieyoung
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

You're right about that. And you and I are both advocates of living our lives to the fullest and just trying to enjoy them. So personally, for myself, I'd rather be alive with some trauma and try and salvage the rest of what I have than be dead. There's some people who have overcome rape to make a real impact in the world.

I haven't been raped, so it's not fair for me to sit here and pretend I know what it feels like to go through that. It's something that is obviously truly horrible and deserves to be talked about alongside murder as the worst crime you could do to someone.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ari Gold ().