Rape is Worse Than Murder

• Re: Rape is Worse Than Murder

loveseo wrote:

Yes, when you're dead, then really you are, but when you are a feminist and was once raped, you can't say as easy as that. Many victims of rape, experienced abnormality or any psychological issue because of that. You can't say it that way!

Yeah but apparently you're a feminist, so it's not like what you have to say about anything involving sexual assault is relevant. :lol:

The Monster Project wrote:

>and was once raped

Being a rape victim would cloud rational thinking even further. Rape victims might say that they would rather die, but that doesn't mean that is in reality a better fate. Remember that death is permanent, dead people might have had family members who they never met in person. Imagine you decided visit your distant relatives in a another country for the first time, only to find that one relative (Perhaps one you been waiting for your whole life to meet or someone you haven't talked to for years) is now erased from the world forever. While a rape victims family members might be emotionally impacted, there is a chance that the rape victim recovers. Death on the other hand can permanently close a door.

Enderman wrote:

At least rape victims are not dead.

I don't get this.
      It's not like once one's dead they're like "shit, I'm dead. Now what do I do?"
      They don't feel anything, see anything, etc. Have no consciousness. So why is being dead considered WURST FING EVA?!
      For the person, being murdered would probably be better in the short term than being raped, purely because it's nothing instead of trauma.
      [CENTER]Elocution so divine[/CENTER]

Placebo wrote:

I don't get this.
      They don't feel anything, see anything, etc. Have no consciousness. So why is being dead considered WURST FING EVA?!
      For the person, being murdered would probably be better in the short term than being raped, purely because it's nothing instead of trauma.

^agree

Placebo wrote:

I don't get this.

It's the pain they feel before they die. You could be stabbed in belly and left in horrible pain for hours.

Placebo wrote:

You sure? Some people don't appreciate the gift of living. As far as we know you only get one chance to live. You could be a smart young kid who might have a great future, but if you murdered, all your ambitions, hopes and dreams for the future are robbed from you. People say way to often "I would rather die" and forget what it is to actaully lose your life.

Placebo wrote:

I don't get this.

You haven't read through this thread, have you?

What you're saying is such a flawed way of thinking about it.

Placebo wrote:

I don't get this.

You don't know that. What do you think ghosts are?
      [SIGPIC]http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sean-connery-id-give-a-fuck-but-i-already-gave-it-to-your-mother-last-night.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Nayr343 wrote:

While a rape victims family members might be emotionally impacted, there is a chance that the rape victim recovers. Death on the other hand can permanently close a door.

Exactly. There is always a chance to recover from rape, you don't exactly get that with death.
      [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="2"][CENTER][SIZE="2"] Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional! [/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

I was raped a couple years ago... & honestly it sucks I'm still getting over it & I still have nightmares about it,
      But getting killed is the bigger crime, & the worst one maybe not by much but I have a good life I think so far... & have people who are there for me...
      when your dead you have nobody... so yeah being dead is a lot worse

I think murder is worse too.
      Rape ofcourse is bad and you need to live with that the rest of your life but then atleast you have a change to build your life up again and have the chance to live again.
      And ofcourse you cant do that if your murdered.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

This is SUCH a stupid arguement. I was molested as a child, I've healed. Murder is MANY MANY TIMES WORSE than rape could ever be! Morons that think rapists are worse than murderers, mindless sheep that dont even take two seconds to think about it. Think about people who fight for their life with cancer, they deal with more truma and stress and suffering than a rape victim will EVER suffer, yet they are fighting for their lives to stay away! Im sure those people would much rather be raped and deal with that than fighting for their life every day, having kemo, not knowing if you'll live to see the sun rise the next day! Think about it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ikillonyxia ().

Ikillonyxia wrote:

This is SUCH a stupid arguement. I was molested as a child, I've healed. Murder is MANY MANY TIMES WORSE than rape could ever be! Morons that think rapists are worse than murderers, mindless sheep that dont even take two seconds to think about it. Think about people who fight for their life with cancer, they deal with more truma and stress and suffering than a rape victim will EVER suffer, yet they are fighting for their lives to stay away! Im sure those people would much rather be raped and deal with that than fighting for their life every day, having kemo, not knowing if you'll live to see the sun rise the next day! Think about it.

/thread
      [SIGPIC]http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sean-connery-id-give-a-fuck-but-i-already-gave-it-to-your-mother-last-night.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Nayr343 wrote:

It's the pain they feel before they die. You could be stabbed in belly and left in horrible pain for hours.

You could, same could be said of rape though, plus the emotional pain for years after.

Nayr343 wrote:

You sure? Some people don't appreciate the gift of living. As far as we know you only get one chance to live. You could be a smart young kid who might have a great future, but if you murdered, all your ambitions, hopes and dreams for the future are robbed from you. People say way to often "I would rather die" and forget what it is to actaully lose your life.

It's hardly a gift to live, it's chance. And if you lose your life, you don't know that all your chances have gone because you can't think, feel anything etc. So why does it matter for the person themselves?

Ari Gold wrote:

You haven't read through this thread, have you?

What you're saying is such a flawed way of thinking about it.

If you're going to say that expand as to how.

Leonodas wrote:

You don't know that. What do you think ghosts are?

Non-existent.

hannah63 wrote:

Exactly. There is always a chance to recover from rape, you don't exactly get that with death.

You don't need to recover with death, because you don't know you're dead.

laney wrote:

I was raped a couple years ago... & honestly it sucks I'm still getting over it & I still have nightmares about it,
      But getting killed is the bigger crime, & the worst one maybe not by much but I have a good life I think so far... & have people who are there for me...
      when your dead you have nobody... so yeah being dead is a lot worse

And how would you know? Have you experienced death?
      Regardless, personal experience =/= fact.

Ikillonyxia wrote:

Because people are irrationally scared of death. People's fear of death doesn't make it any better or worse. If everybody was scared of kittens would that make them the worst thing ever?
      [CENTER]Elocution so divine[/CENTER]