Family or Friends?

• Family or Friends?

My parents happen to not like either my best friend or my boy friend. My best friend is gothic, and she introduced me to my present boy friend, who's gothic and a different race. I really like my friend and boyfriend, but my parents want me to quite seeing both of them.
    I've tried talking, but it dosen't help that much. Any advice? Anyone in a similar situation?
  • Re: Family or Friends?

I agree that it is important to make your own decisions but try to keep in mind that your family is blood. Friends and boyfriends will come in and out of your life everyday but you cannot get rid of your family. A family’s love is unconditional and they clearly see something in your friend/bf that they do not think is good for you. Remember that your family will be there for you no matter what. Can you say the same thing for your friend or boyfriend?
  • Re: Family or Friends?

muzik_demon wrote:

hey u can blv in ur bf and friends as much as ur family
    it is really tough wen ur family opposes ur friends,best way is to try convincing ur family

I wasn't saying you shouldn't believe in your friends or boyfriend, I was saying that sometimes it is a losing battle and unless you are planning on marrying the guy than is it really worth alienating your family for him. I saw a friend go through the same thing and now she has no bf or best friend and her family hardly acknowledges her existence. I would hate to see someone else go through that, she is miserable all of the time and she misses the relationship she had with her mom.