I Can't Sleep.

• I Can't Sleep.

So the past 2 weeks or so, I have not gotten a single full night of sleep. Last night I woke up at 3:30 and didn't fall back asleep until 7. Tonight, it's almost 3am and I haven't even fallen asleep yet. I literally cannot sleep. I tried for an hour and a half tonight, and I just gave up.

All I do is sit in my room and think. Too much thinking is a bad bad bad thing for me because I get extremely paranoid about things, whether big or small. For example, I'm in a "long distance relationship" right now and I end up thinking about only that and freaking out and getting scared and worried.

I just don't know why I can't sleep. I want to sleep. I need to sleep.

Has this happened to any of you guys? If so, what did you do to sleep again? I need help and advice right now. I have also been sleepwalking a lot lately.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: I Can't Sleep.

During the day, everything is fine with me and I'm for the most part totally happy with everything, but it's just when I'm up so late and it's so quiet that I start getting scared a realizing that things could fall apart with him because we don't have the physical interaction in our relationship. I just get worried that he'll find someone else. And that scares me because honestly, I'm in love with this guy.
      [/CENTER]

How long have you been with him?
      Ask him for reassurance, maybe? It sounds clingy, but its something that should totally be fine to ask.
      My relationship wasn't too easy because we only saw each other at most once a week, and there were tough moments where we feared we might lose one another. But asking for comforting words really helps.
      IMO, don't hide that you're scared.

Okay so you're definitely worried and have things on your mind, which is causing you to not sleep.
      Once you address these problems, and get answers to them ..
      Your mind should put to rest.

I would just say have sleeping pills, but they really aren't the answer ha.
      A routine helps too, like a long relaxing bath .. abit of reading or something.
      Something to wind down, a clean bedroom helps alot aswell actually.
      - All we can do is keep breathing <3 -

SmexiLexie wrote:

I'm an insomniac, I probably get about 1 to 2 hours sleep every night, doctor put me on sleeping meds but they really didn't work..

I'm worried that I'm one as well, because it's happened a lot before, but it went away, but in the past 2 weeks or so it's happening again. I also get other symptoms of it daily, so I might go see a doctor... Bleh.

I'm trying a sleeping medication tonight so hopefully I'll get some sleep...

Yeah, I'm going to try and talk to him, but I just don't want him to think I'm crazy or obsessive. But it;s worth a shot because there's a chance the outcome could be better than I'm thinking.

I'm just hoping I can sleep tonight... Last night I ended up getting not even 2 hours of sleep, and I've gone all day on that so far. But I don't like it. So I'm really hoping... I just want sleep again. :/
      [/CENTER]

As Hipster has said, you need to sort out the issue with your long distance relationship. Are you scared it's going to end? Are you paranoid about them doing something, or? It's common to loose sleep over something you worry about, and unless you address the problem it's not going to go away, unfortunately. Ask him/her, just to get some reassurance and put your mind at ease :)

Another thing, which I think really helps is just to really calm down before you go to bed. I used to sit up till all hours on my laptop, drinking tea/coffee and listening to music. Then, I'd simply switch everything off and go to bed. Needless to say, my brain didn't shut down for hours after and it really affected my sleep. So think about that. Maybe get a bath, relax yourself, read a book, switch off your phone, your computer, don't drink anything too sugary or caffeine related, don't eat anything big. See if this helps :)

A combination of these all these factors may be the thing that's causing it.
      [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="2"][CENTER][SIZE="2"] Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional! [/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Thank you so much guys. I actually did sleep last night and only woke up once. It was a nice change. The sleeping aid thing actually did help and I relaxed before I went to sleep and it helped so much.

For anyone who asked, I was just worried that things would get too stressful for both of us because we're really far. I was basically worried that he would find someone closer to him and choose them instead, even though we do love each other. But we talked and told each other things that we each needed to hear, so things are going well.

Seriously, thank you so much guys. :)
      [/CENTER]

BeUnique wrote:

Thank you so much guys. I actually did sleep last night and only woke up once. It was a nice change. The sleeping aid thing actually did help and I relaxed before I went to sleep and it helped so much.

For anyone who asked, I was just worried that things would get too stressful for both of us because we're really far. I was basically worried that he would find someone closer to him and choose them instead, even though we do love each other. But we talked and told each other things that we each needed to hear, so things are going well.

Seriously, thank you so much guys. :)

This is good news, and I'm glad you've slept better. Was talking to him something that helped?

I didn't really read all the post, but yea this happens to me a lot. Try like watching tv or something that you can fall asleep too. I recommend tv, since you can put on a stupid show you don't really have to watch, and internet or something, and when you get a little tired, just lay there in bed watching tv, and you should fall asleep watching it.

mr-single wrote:

I advice you that you had better read some favourite book, when you get tired, you can fall asleep immediately when your head hits the pillow. i usually use that way! i hope you can sleep again. bye bye

I tried that last night and it worked great :) I'm doing it again tonight! And a bonus is that I get to get some reading in over the summer!
      [/CENTER]