What is happening and how should I deal with it?

• What is happening and how should I deal with it?

Alright. So I have been dating a guy for over six months now, and summer just started recently. He is probably the kindest, sweetest and understanding boy I have ever met, as well as the fact that we get along so well. Anyway, since school ended about three weeks ago, he has been acting very distant. The last time we actually hung out (almost a month ago) everything was fine with us and it seemed that way for the next few days. However, it was around this time when I was getting worried over a pregnancy scare, so I myself were a bit distant at times, though he was being very kind at this point and assured me he was there for me, etc. Anyway, I'm not preggo (thank goodness), but soon after he hardly talked to me, to which I assumed was because we were studying for exams (well, I was busy worrying about what was happening in my body at that point, but nonetheless), but when summer started and he hadn't made any effort to contact me, I was a bit upset... I decided to text him at that point, celebrating the fact that it was now summer. He talked to me like normal, so I wasn't too worried, however a day later he was acting distant again. A bit on and off really, sometimes he would just appear rude in his texts, then other days happy and flirty. When the odd texts happened again (things like "cool story bro" etc), I began getting a little fed up and stopped texting him altogether. A few days later, he never bothered getting in contact with me, so I came to the conclusion he must have lost interest in me. After such a close relationship, I felt it were awkward if things ended this way, especially not knowing his true feelings, so I decided to test this by texting him about it being six months (in a relationship) since this is something he always remembered more than me. It was ignored. I clued in at this and decided to try and end things, by then saying "This isn't working any more, we need to talk." to which he also ignored. This was over a week ago, and I chose not to contact him again.
      My question is... what is going on? Why is he behaving this way? What is the best way to deal with a situation like this... please help. x
    • Re: What is happening and how should I deal with it?

It seems to me as though he's only got time for you when it suits him. He's not worth getting upset over, especially if he can't be bothered to reply to your texts when he's, a) supposed to be in a relationship with you, and, more importantly, b) you're trying to end it.

Move on, you're going to meet plenty of other really nice guys.
      [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="2"][CENTER][SIZE="2"] Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional! [/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    • Re: What is happening and how should I deal with it?

hannah63 wrote:

It seems to me as though he's only got time for you when it suits him. He's not worth getting upset over, especially if he can't be bothered to reply to your texts when he's, a) supposed to be in a relationship with you, and, more importantly, b) you're trying to end it.

Move on, you're going to meet plenty of other really nice guys.

Elaborating on this, it seems like he's lost any interest, or (doubtfully) heard something very upsetting. It's rude enough to ignore a talk, so make sure that's a message he gets. What you want right now is a talk.