Lack of social life.0 friends..Please help me.

• Re: Lack of social life.0 friends..Please help me.

I was once shy like you, and after starting to push through it, I have just now reached the point where I can start going in the other direction (chattiness, etc). I am tired (it's 1:30am ATM), but I'll come back to help you tomorrow.
      [SIGPIC]http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sean-connery-id-give-a-fuck-but-i-already-gave-it-to-your-mother-last-night.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I'd be your friend:) I think you just need people to be there for you. Don't worry about the people who aren't there because all the people who are iggnorant to you are people you don't need to be involved with anyway! By the way... I was into cutting myself and I resently have not been doing it as often and trust me it doesn't help. If anything it makes things worse in some ways.:(
      Love Your Life:love1:

The post was edited 1 time, last by JackyL ().

Andrax wrote:

I want to talk to people OUTISDE, but I just can't.. the girl i liked never talks to me
      I'm afraid of going out..ppl will make fun of me

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

I tried talking to people a while ago,I feel that they're just waiting for the convo to end (giving automatic answers)

Just assume that girls won't make the first move. Girls would rather have guys come over to talk to them. It can be frustrating but it's just the way they are. If you sit around and wait for this girl to talk to you, you might be waiting for a very long time.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

icy wrote:

There's nothing wrong with being an introvert. Some people are just naturally quiet. But if your shyness has gotten to the point where it's controlling your life, you need to get OVER your shyness. Do what you want to do, and say what you want to say, and don't worry about what other people think about you because FUCK THEM THEY DONT MATTER. And it won't be easy. You won't be perfect. You'll screw things up and make awkward mistakes. But that's OK. You have to learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes.

But I guess I'm in no position to be giving you advice. I'm terrible at making friends...all the friends I make either forget about me or turn out to be hypocritical bitches. Maybe you should try this website...I used to go on there a long time ago and it kinda helped. :)

Yes it's okay to be little bit shy sometimes, but like you said, you can't be too shy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nightfall ().

cool_walking_ wrote:

icy, I'm not sure whether you're trying to disentangle the concepts of shyness and introversion, or to entangle them. I didn't say they were the same thing. Shyness and being introverted are different things. Shyness is being afraid to do what you really want to do or say, and I don't see how that can be a good thing for anyone. Being quiet isn't being shy.

10 Myths About Introverts | CarlKingdom.com :: Writer. Director. Artist.

Sorry, I was trying to say that quiet =/= shy., I just didn't word it right.
      Hope is like a butterfly, it can be killed with one quick movement.

Nayr343 wrote:

Just assume that girls won't make the first move. Girls would rather have guys come over to talk to them. It can be frustrating but it's just the way they are. If you sit around and wait for this girl to talk to you, you might be waiting for a very long time.

He is correct, very much so. You'll just have to take that initiative, to go talk to them.

I know shyness is not easy-- you're afraid of making a mistake, of getting people not to like you. "One wrong word, and I'm screwed!" You can't think that way, because it's not true. Remember this: in high school, everyone has short term memory loss. That is, unless you do something REALLY stupid or noticeable, it'll be forgotten with days. So you don't need to worry about mistakes, really.

Also keep in mind that girls are attention whores, whether they admit or not (it's not meant to be taken offense to, ladies. You know it's true). If they suspect you are ignoring them-- that's a turn off. Don't worry about anything. Just don't follow them (stalking without actually saying anything), or get close to them and not talk at all. Even a "hi" and a few general questions (How are you doing, blabbidy blahbity blah) will go a long way, and soon, they might be the conversation starter, in a way doing all the work for you :cool:.

As for the "making fun of you"-- you just gotta roll with the punches, mate. Shrug it off, because in all reality, things like that are child's play (quite literally). In fact, I would go so far to say that they make fun of you because they like you. I know that with my friends, we talk shit all the time-- just be able to dish it in return, and you'll have everyone's respect.

Do you have any more/specific questions? Shyness CAN be overcome; I'm the very model of that, especially since I only overthrew it practically a few weeks ago. :wink:
      [SIGPIC]http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sean-connery-id-give-a-fuck-but-i-already-gave-it-to-your-mother-last-night.jpg[/SIGPIC]

update:talked to the girl on facebook she COMPLETLY ignored me so despressed now :(..
      here is the convo...
      -= me
      -Hi
      hellooo
      -how are you,O think it's hot where you live :) ?
      god and you?
      -"god" haha :)(was trying to be funny and trying to avoid the awkwardness)
      is it you mark?
      -yea it's me lol
      you have changed
      -changed?like what?
      -what are you doing in the holidays?
      She was online , completly ignored me :(
      thinking 'bout going back to cutting...

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Also , i didn't mention she likes this guy's pics on fb and comments on em(friendly comments like that tie looked good on you :) ),maybe she has a crush on him idk

The post was edited 2 times, last by Andrax ().

I wouldn't take that too personally. She might have left, gone to do something, etc... Just try again another time. You've got to be persistent.

If it makes you feel any better, at least she responded at all. If she really didn't like you, she WOULD have ignored you to begin with.

You don't know how long she's known that guy, do you? That relationship (I'm going to assume it's just friendly) had to start somewhere. You've got to be patient.

All I feel I can suggest is just getting yourself out there and talking to more people - rather than at school.

Are there any events or activities taking place anywhere local? I'm sure that'd be a great place to find some new people who aren't in their little groups like at school.

Another thing - I wouldn't take people like the ones you mentioned seriously, most 'friends' just turn into bitter disappointments.

Good luck, and if it works I'm sure you'll gain some self-confidence along with some buddies. :)
      [CENTER]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Black"]When the city sleeps, I'm wide awake.
      You know what I see? High rises. Low lifes.
      Bright lights and back alleys.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shortages ().

Ahh it seems someone beat me to it,

Do you do any sports or outside activities? I found that to be one of the best ways to meet new people and make good friends. For example I joined a rifle club a few years back, now after all this time I have gotten to know people all around the country competing and have new goals for myself as a result of going somewhere in the sport. Never imagined I would in the first place.

The people you meet in clubs etc can be amazing, I've met many who are generally out there to be good blokes/gals who just want to be friendly and/or help out.

Happiest part of my week is going to training at my club.

If you try this out, then good luck :)