Should these people be my new friends?

• Should these people be my new friends?

So, I'm slowly pushing away some of the friends I have, because they're mean to me and don't treat me right. The people who DO treat me right, and actually care about me a lot are 16-18. (I know this makes me sound stupid, but I'm mature for my age, and people often mistake me for my 16 year old sister's older sister, around 18 or 19 in age.)

Most of these people would be bad influences, if I actually cared about peer-pressure, but I don't. They drink, smoke, dip, and I've tried everything but dip (which smells bad, so I won't) and it was all disgusting, and I already know I won't do it.
      I'm also a lesbian, so I won't be getting pregnant any time soon. (Haha.)

The thing is, they all, really, really care about me, and notice when I'm having a bad day (even when I try to hide it, and nobody else sees), they genuinely care about me and make the effort to be my friend, and actually give back what they take.

Also, it might make a difference to say; I am EXTREMELY weird. Like, schizotypal or developing-schizophrenic kind of weird, no exaggaration. My new friends don't have a problem with my weirdness, and my olds ones did. (Some even treated me like crap around their other friends, or ignored me, but were friends iwth me when we were alone.)

P.S: I know for a fact that I'm a lesbian, and i've known since I was 8 years old.

My questions are: Does it sound like a good idea to be friends with these new people? Also: If I don't give in to peer-pressure (which I wouldn't ever do, and never have, because I don't CARE) what are the reasons against being their friend?
    • Re: Should these people be my new friends?

I don't think it matters how old you look, even if you look 18 doesn't mean you act like it. But that doesn't matter either. The important thing is that your friends actually care about you, and you see eye to eye on certain things, and they actually like you and accept you despite your flaws. If they don't, who needs them!

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with being a lesbian either :)

Haha, what do you mean by "extremely weird"? Are you exaggerating about the schizophrenia or is it real? No offense if it is, but a lot of ignorant fucks throw around these words when they don't really mean it.

Do you have any of these symptoms:

Delusions
      Hallucinations
      Disorganized speech, which is a manifestation of formal thought disorder
      Grossly disorganized behavior (e.g. dressing inappropriately, crying frequently) or catatonic behavior
      Negative symptoms: Blunted affect (lack or decline in emotional response), alogia (lack or decline in speech), or avolition (lack or decline in motivation)
      Hope is like a butterfly, it can be killed with one quick movement.

Ah, no, they think I'm older because I act older, haha. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned that.

:)

I actually believe I'm either schizotypal, or developing schizophrenia, yes. Trust me, I wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it.

I have everything except hallucinations, though I have heard voices in the past, and still do once in a while. Plus, the paranoid social anxiety makes it hard for me to make friends, and easy to take advantage of, and these new people don't mind my oddness, nor do they take advantage of me. :) Thank you for the reply!

Age between friends doesn't matter. I had a friend who was well into her 30's and she was one of the most reliable, fun friends I've ever had. You'll find hanging out with older people makes you a little more mature too (given they're responsible people, that is).

BUT, you need to consider yourself if they're pressuring you at all. Just be aware of the fact that they're legal to do some things, you're not and they may keep forgetting this because you act older than your real age.
      [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="2"][CENTER][SIZE="2"] Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional! [/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Older friends are a good thing! They tend to have a lot less drama than younger teens and will most likely be more reliable. I don't judge people by what they do, as long as they aren't forcing you into things or pushing you out of your comfort zone then they aren't bad influences.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

onceaskeptic wrote:

So, I'm slowly pushing away some of the friends I have, because they're mean to me and don't treat me right.

The thing is, they all, really, really care about me, and notice when I'm having a bad day (even when I try to hide it, and nobody else sees), they genuinely care about me and make the effort to be my friend, and actually give back what they take.

My questions are: Does it sound like a good idea to be friends with these new people? Also: If I don't give in to peer-pressure (which I wouldn't ever do, and never have, because I don't CARE) what are the reasons against being their friend?

I kind'a confused with your statement. You were pushing them away because they didn't treating you right yet the care about you ? Is there a friend like that ?