not allowed to date black guys -.-

• not allowed to date black guys -.-

So, I'm talking to this guy & he's black. He's honestly the sweetest guy I have ever met. I know that if we were together, he will never hurt me. Doesn't do drugs, smoke, drink, etc. He's really polite and knows how to actually treat a girl. But the thing is, my parents despise black people. Especially my dad. He talks so much mess about them, saying a whole bunch of racist things & it reeeaally annoys me. I see nothing wrong with black people, they're human beings just like us. My parents say they don't want me to ever have a black boyfriend, which drives me crazy because I really like this guy and I want to be with him. I don't want to date this guy behind their back because I've learned my lesson about that from my previous relationship. They lost their trust in me and now, they're on my *** whenever I go out. (GPS on my phone, calling me, texting me) it's ridiculous! So if I do end up with this guy, I don't want to keep it a secret. But the thing is, I think I'm gonna have to go behind their backs to see him because I know for a fact they're not gonna accept him because he's black. I don't even think they'll give him a chance. I don't know what do. I know I can't change their minds but I reaally want to be with this guy. He makes me so happy. We're talking about getting together, so we're getting pretty serious. How can I talk to my parents about it? I'm gonna tell my mom first because she's more understanding and she'll listen to me more than my dad will. I have no idea how they'll react & I'm scared they're gonna make me not see him anymore. WHAT DO I DO? HELP.
      (btw we're both juniors, both going to a private high school but different schools
      )
    • Re: not allowed to date black guys -.-

annnnna wrote:

No, he has no idea. He'd get hurt if I tell him /:

True. My family is like that /:
      But my dad kinda got over it when we moved to a city that has extremely diverse ethnics.
      Well, it's best if you talk to your mom first and tell her everything about the guy and how the stereotypes are all wrong.. I'm kinda in the same situation, but I'm trying to be strong and gain my parents trust back fully before I tell them about a guy..

i'd straight out tell the guy you are talking to about your parents. it's worse to hide it and sneak around. if you tell him now, he will be a lot more understanding.

i think over time your parents will come to accept it. i'm arabian, and pretty much, even dating is forbidden. my sister was dating a black guy, and my parents flipped the fuck out. however, over time they saw what a great guy he was, and when he finally proposed to my sister, my parents became really accepting of it because they knew that they were in love. you have to be really patient with these things. parents don't like to admit they are wrong.

runnadoll wrote:

i'd straight out tell the guy you are talking to about your parents. it's worse to hide it and sneak around. if you tell him now, he will be a lot more understanding.

i think over time your parents will come to accept it. i'm arabian, and pretty much, even dating is forbidden. my sister was dating a black guy, and my parents flipped the fuck out. however, over time they saw what a great guy he was, and when he finally proposed to my sister, my parents became really accepting of it because they knew that they were in love. you have to be really patient with these things. parents don't like to admit they are wrong.

Ahw that's so adorable ^^

Viaa wrote:

True. My family is like that /:
      But my dad kinda got over it when we moved to a city that has extremely diverse ethnics.
      Well, it's best if you talk to your mom first and tell her everything about the guy and how the stereotypes are all wrong.. I'm kinda in the same situation, but I'm trying to be strong and gain my parents trust back fully before I tell them about a guy..

Yeah, I'm gonna talk to her when I'm ready. I just need them to give him a chance. It doesn't make any sense. Thank you :) Stay strong!

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Immortal Technique wrote:

Your parents are just trying to keep you safe. You should feel lucky to have such great parents.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Immortal Technique wrote:

Your parents are just trying to keep you safe. You should feel lucky to have such great parents.

Yeah I know & I'm very grateful to have parents that love me so much, but I feel that they need to let me be happy & date whoever I want no matter who he is & what he looks like..

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Dark Universe wrote:

my parents are the same. but i never let my parents come in my love life. and you should do the same. but first tell your mom, how sweet he is, and you'll be okay. but if she has a problem, i really don't no what to do.

I wish my parents knew nothing about my love life.. but they want to be all up in the kool-aid haha.

Citky wrote:

:lol:

My parents are racist, but then again, the country is 99% white.

you guys sound stupid. yes the country is majority white but only about 3/4. The rest are of people with ethnic backgrounds and the number of people with different backgrounds in this country is rapidly growing. So to say the country is 99% white is ignorant (yes i used the term correctly).

As far as your issue goes. It all depends on how much you care about him and trust him and see a future with him to challenge your parents on dating him because theres a small chance it'll be pleasant, at least the beginning. THe younger you are the harder it'll be. If you have a really good feeling about him then i say go for it. Trust me, it'll be a long stressful time before your parents will get over it if they ever do but if you like him like you say you do thats a challenge you'll have to accept. I've dated my fair share of white girls with parents who've hated me but that didnt stop em. they eventually came around, hopefully for you too lol best of luck
      [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][FONT="Arial Black"]BOSS.[/FONT]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Red"]"Dont ask permission, juss ask forgiveness...so forgive me...[/COLOR][/FONT]

eastside003 wrote:

you guys sound stupid. yes the country is majority white but only about 3/4. The rest are of people with ethnic backgrounds and the number of people with different backgrounds in this country is rapidly growing. So to say the country is 99% white is ignorant (yes i used the term correctly).

As far as your issue goes. It all depends on how much you care about him and trust him and see a future with him to challenge your parents on dating him because theres a small chance it'll be pleasant, at least the beginning. THe younger you are the harder it'll be. If you have a really good feeling about him then i say go for it. Trust me, it'll be a long stressful time before your parents will get over it if they ever do but if you like him like you say you do thats a challenge you'll have to accept. I've dated my fair share of white girls with parents who've hated me but that didnt stop em. they eventually came around, hopefully for you too lol best of luck

He's from Europe (Lithuania) ... Get your facts straight please. :lol:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nightfall ().

eastside003 wrote:

I'm Lithuanian. Seeing a black person here is a rare occasion.

Also, assuming everyone is from the US is even more ignorant.

Citky wrote:

I'm Lithuanian. Seeing a black person here is a rare occasion.

Also, assuming everyone is from the US is even more ignorant.

yea your right. apologies..should of never assumed lol
      [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][FONT="Arial Black"]BOSS.[/FONT]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Red"]"Dont ask permission, juss ask forgiveness...so forgive me...[/COLOR][/FONT]