Which College Do You Want To Attend? Why?

• Which College Do You Want To Attend? Why?

I just got a call from Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas about academic records, GPA status, scholarships and sports. I gotta say, they just might convince me to move farther south to the big bend. I was originally thinking about attending Murray State until this morning when I called them and they admitted that they don't meet national college standards, just Kentucky state wide standards. They also have a poor rodeo team which is one reason I'm really looking into Sul Ross. I'm a member of the NHSRA or National High School Rodeo Association, instead of joining the football team to be pummeled by 230lb players, I chose to ride 2,000 pound beasts. I'm not a Shelby County Rocket, I'm a 'Cowboy'. Now, I'm not trying to seem conceded here, it's pride not bravado talking. Sul Ross has a great rodeo credit course even if I don't make the state wide team, my credits in rodeos can count towards PBR or Professional Bull Riding credits and, as some of you know that's a HUGE dream of mine. Not because I could make $1,000,000 a year but because that's what I love to do. You ain't living until your sitting on top of the beast that's gonna kill you.
      That's my story. What's yours?
      Ain’t no point in beatin’ a dead horse…’course, can’t hurt none either.
    • Re: Which College Do You Want To Attend? Why?

I know lots of people that competed in rodeos and played football in high school. :dom:

I'm currently attending university for a nutrition degree. One more year of classes and one year of internship left. :) I just chose the closest uni to where I lived that offered the degree I wanted. It has a really awesome program, though.