I feel like i'm missing out on being in love.

• I feel like i'm missing out on being in love.

everywhere i look today, all i see is gorgeous people with boyfriends and girlfriends, and they all look so loved up and are so happy. and i don't seem to be able to find it, i feel like i'm missing out on having someone to text me every morning telling me to have a great day, someone to sit with me when i'm not well, and watch all kinds of films with me, and just there for me to look at when i'm feeling sad, i don't know whether i'm being ridiculous because i'm only 17 but i feel like i should maybe have had a chance at the relationship kinda thing.
    • Re: I feel like i'm missing out on being in love.

I'm 17 also and I'm in the same boat as you. I see many couples at my school and often wonder if I'll ever find someone. I've gone through all of middle school and most of high school without being in any relationship. I briefly dated two girls during my freshman year but I wouldn't really call them real relationships. You're not missing out on anything nor being ridiculous. You're completely normal. You'll find someone eventually, just as I will, although sometimes it feels like that day will never come. You're only 17, you have a long life ahead of you. :)