Mixed signals?

• Mixed signals?

There's this guy who I think I'm starting to have a crush on. I see this guy every day because some of our activities are the same for the summer.

Anyways, while I think he likes me, I'm not sure if he actually does. He looks at me quite a bit. Every time he looks, it's always for prolonged periods of time, and he almost never looks down before I do. Whenever I get a drink of water or do something else, he's always looking at me. But the problem is, whenever he looks, he doesn't smile. What does that kind of look mean?

I think he's also tried to impress me before. A few days ago, he started showing off his guitar skills and sing when I came nearer when before he was just strumming a few chords before. He also glanced sideways at me when he did that. There's also the thing where he seems to play kind of rough with his friends and tense his muscles as he does it before smiling at me (or in my direction, if you read the below paragraph), which I heard was another sign that he likes someone.

I tried to smile at him once, but that came out looking kind of frightened. When I did that, he gave me a small smile before gazing downwards. That was one of the only times he gazed downwards. He also smiled in my direction with a grin before, but I'm not sure if that was to me or someone else. Once I thought that he was smiling at me, but it was actually to a person sitting next to me. I know he looks at me, but I'm not sure if the grinning was to me. Because of that, I honestly get kind of confused at what can be considered a sign and what can't be, because I'm not certain which one was directed towards me.

So anyways, I'm really confused. What does staring without smiling mean, and do all these things put together make it at least sound as if he likes me? It would help so much if someone could clarify all of these things since I'm kind of confused. :3 And also, being kind of shy myself, I've no idea how to approach him. We've had a few short exchanges before initiated by him (he's more confident), but I don't know how to get any more. What can I do to make him talk to me?

Thank you so much, and sorry this is kind of long. :3

The post was edited 1 time, last by eonbird ().

• Re: Mixed signals?

Well, it very definitely sounds like he's embarrassed, maybe even likes you, and talking to him could help both of you.
      If you don't know how to approach him, ask him about his music! Or ask how his summer is going. But if you know a few little things about him, then those are probably the best things to talk about to get the ball rolling.
    • Re: Mixed signals?

That depends on your age.
      For obvious reasons, something like 14+20 doesn't work, but as long as you're older and think that such a relationship is fine, then go ahead.
      As for staring without expression, he could be in his thoughts, or get distracted, or just likes to look at nice things. I used to look at my crush and look away if she noticed me.