Advice about Liking my friend?

• Advice about Liking my friend?

So I really like this girl in my class, Kate. She lives down the street from me and we're pretty good friends. We're both 13. She's a straight-A student, but I'm considered the "smartest" in our class. She likes to tease me about that, but playfully. She thinks I'm pretty funny, and her jokes are funny too. We've touched, but not seriously, like she's grabbed my hand while trying to look at my iPod, or when we accidentally brush in the hallway. But, she's a definite sports enthusiast, whereas I'd rather read books or act in plays. Also, most other girls think I'm a nerd, although the guys think I'm hilarious.
      Anyway, what do you guys think? Should I go and ask her out? Also, where do you think is a good first date place?
      Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I really appreciate your feedback.
      Peace off!
    • Re: Advice about Liking my friend?

aww<3 that is very cute.

I think if you like her then just tell her, I know you could be thinking this
      might ruin our friendship but you won't know until you try it. If you don't
      you are just going to end up liking her more.

First Date:Well you are both 13 so I bet one of your parents will have
      to drive you lol, Yeah I think a movie is a good place. a movie or rollerskating.

If you take her to the movies, let her choose the movie. If she say's I don't know or I don't care, ask her what kind of movies do you like? That's always a good first step

Id say go for it. I think a restaurant or somewhere she can get to know you better without distractions. I think a movies would be great, but you guys wouldn't get to talk much, thats why a movie is best for a second date.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      How far do you want me to suppress myself so that you'll be satisfied?

Soccergirl4:))) wrote:

aww<3 that is very cute.

I think if you like her then just tell her, I know you could be thinking this
      might ruin our friendship but you won't know until you try it. If you don't
      you are just going to end up liking her more.

First Date:Well you are both 13 so I bet one of your parents will have
      to drive you lol, Yeah I think a movie is a good place. a movie or rollerskating.

If you take her to the movies, let her choose the movie. If she say's I don't know or I don't care, ask her what kind of movies do you like? That's always a good first step

You've got the right idea, however, personally, starting with "you could be thinking this might ruin our friendship" isn't the best idea. Starting with something negative gives it a bit of a negative vibe and mentioning ruining friendship could plant that in her head if she hasn't already thought about that aspect. You'd probably be safer starting with something casual, leave out the sappy deep stuff, and just say "hey, wanna catch a movie Friday night? How about ______, or is there something else you'd rather see?". Start to hint that you like her, give her time to wrap her head around it instead of catching her off guard.

Takumi Usui wrote:

Id say go for it. I think a restaurant or somewhere she can get to know you better without distractions. I think a movies would be great, but you guys wouldn't get to talk much, thats why a movie is best for a second date.

Thing is, at 13, you're not exactly working a high paying job, if at all. Movies are cheaper than restaurants generally, and they already know each other, so not talking much shouldn't be an issue, and it gives you something to talk about after :)