New dress, Parents think its too mature

• New dress, Parents think its too mature

So yesturday i went to the mall and i got a 300.00 dress and its strapless. well actually i didnt buy it my grandmother did. so i showed my mom today and she was so pissed off at me beacause she thought i was way too mature. which i can agree with but since im a fat girl my only way to shop is by shopping at adult stores. its really stress full to have a parent who is not understanding the situation. now me and my grandmother were shopping for this dress because we were invited to this wedding. the dress was really pretty! my mom agreed that i can keep the dress but no the shoes.
      my shoes were black pumps very short heel. my dad and my mom had a freek out on me my dad was not peased and my mom almost pissed her pants she was so mad so i feel like crap. i also feel bad that my grandmother had to spend so much money for me. my mom was also pissed off at the price.
      anyway does anyone have any advice on what i should do?
      or even any words of comfort?:(
    • Re: New dress, Parents think its too mature

Heyyy, don't feel bad. They're just upset because they don't like knowing that you're getting older and need to start wearing pretty stuff. Tell them that you're sorry for upsetting them, but your grandmother got you the dress for one occasion, and that you just want to look your best..

I'm sorry that this had to happen to you, i know how ya feel~ D:
      “I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.”

Sky_Writer wrote:

Heyyy, don't feel bad. They're just upset because they don't like knowing that you're getting older and need to start wearing pretty stuff. Tell them that you're sorry for upsetting them, but your grandmother got you the dress for one occasion, and that you just want to look your best..

I'm sorry that this had to happen to you, i know how ya feel~ D:

Agree with this.
      A bit stupid though they get angry about that, as for the price.. you got it from your grandmother so I dont see the problem for that either.

Dont feel bad about it, better get used to it parents dont always like what you do. Having the same thing mostly myself too but still wear whatever you like to and dont feel bad cause they dont like it.
      They will accept it later on that ur getting older and more mature.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

You missed controling parents in the spelling errors.
      [CENTER]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Black"]When the city sleeps, I'm wide awake.
      You know what I see? High rises. Low lifes.
      Bright lights and back alleys.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

Since your grandmother purchased it for you there shouldn't be a issue.

It her was decision to buy the dress for you. You have to look nice for a
      wedding anyways. My dad did the same thing when my mom and I went
      prom shopping.

We bought home the dress and he told me he thought it showed off to much.
      My mom was like this is nothing compared to what of the some girls will be wearing.It really upset me because I was so excited about the dress it made me
      feel pretty and grown up.

My dad told me that I was ''too young'' to be showing that much off. I finally just told him I'm ''showing anything off'' the only thing that really wasn't covered was my legs and I have bad legs. I asked my mom why he asking this way and she said it because he didn't want me to grow up. He almost didn't let me go to prom, but I made plans and I had my ticket so I went.

My dad actually came to take pictures with everyone's parents of us.
      I couldn't believe he came. He told me that I looked really pretty and
      the dress was great on me. I think once he saw me on it he kind of
      realized that yeah she's growing up time to let go.

so maybe that is what is going on here. :wink: