why cant you talk to your parents

• Re: why cant you talk to your parents

Do you have
      to make your posts
      come out like this
      rather than
      in one sentence?

And to keep on topic - yes, I'm very open with my mother.
      [CENTER]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Black"]When the city sleeps, I'm wide awake.
      You know what I see? High rises. Low lifes.
      Bright lights and back alleys.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

my parents don't really know that im agnostic. they don't know i have sex. they don't know i smoke weed. they don't know most of my friends. they don't know that i'm considered a sort of party girl at school. lol..... my parents really don't know shit.

aside from the weed though, i would be completely open about everything... im just not that close with my parents.

I can't really talk to my parents, I'm not particularly 'close' to them, we don't really share anything in common. My parents don't really like technology, but it's what I've grown up with so yeah. Also, they're sort of racist and against Gay's and Gay marriages. :/ Which I really don't like about them.
      So yeah.
      Also they don't know much about me, I don't really tell them much XP

The post was edited 1 time, last by JBrigg916 ().

I can talk to my mum about things to an extent but not about everything that's happened....as for my dad I don't tell him ANYTHING. I mean I had a hard time even telling him I was in a relationship. ( all my past relationships I hid from family.)

JBrigg916 wrote:

I can't really talk to my parents, I'm not particularly 'close' to them, we don't really share anything in common. My parents don't really like technology, but it's what I've grown up with so yeah. Also, they're sort of racist and against Gay's and Gay marriages. :/ Which I really don't like about them.
      So yeah.
      Also they don't know much about me, I don't really tell them much XP

Homosexuals aren't another race you douchebag. It's a sexual preference.
      [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Shortages wrote:

Homosexuals aren't another race you douchebag. It's a sexual preference.

Excuse me, I never said that they were a diferent race, I had clearly placed an 'and' in the sentence. I also know that homosexuality is a sexual preference, and to be quite hohnest I had posted that post at 4 in the morning so yeah.
      BTW nice sig and avatar :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by JBrigg916 ().

JBrigg916 wrote:

Excuse me, I never said that they were a diferent race, I had clearly placed an 'and' in the sentence. I also know that homosexuality is a sexual preference, and to be quite hohnest I had posted that post at 4 in the morning so yeah.
      BTW nice sig and avatar :D

I do apologise, that is my bad. It's been a long day.
      Thank you.
      [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

I can talk with my mother about everything really. But when I talk to dad we only talk about men's stuff like technology, politics etc.

Well I think that most parents will never let you down if you talk to them. I also think that every mother loves his children more than everything else.

I can't talk to my parents cause then they try to give advice (which is never relevant and never works) and then they get mad for me to say something to their advice, then I get my chances at getting my permit taken away for 3 months. I really, honestly, hate my parents. There are nights, if not every night, I wish 1) I would not wake up 2) They would not wake up 3) I'd wake up somewhere with a new family 4) Wish they'd wake up and not be mean to me like they always are
      [FONT="System"]In Christ, Noah[/FONT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Personally, I don't really talk to my parents about much. Much like JBrigg916, my parents are fairly racist and homophobic, which frustrates me to no end. They are rather right wing and Conservative, but are the type of people who don't bother to vote then complain about the government who get in.

I'm basically the opposite in that I'm a left wing liberal atheist etc etc. But as i haver nothing in common with my parents, I know this may sound horrible - I don't really like them. Therefore I don't tell them too much. They don't know that I've had boyfriends or drink alcohol at parties etc.

I find it a shame that my relationship with my parents isn't a very good one, but maybe it would be different if I had been born into a family more with parents more like myself. I just personally can't get on with people who wouldn't be accepting if I was to marry someone of a different ethnicity or of the same gender etc, no exceptions for parents.

Your parents brought you into this world, therefore it should be easy to talk to them and they should be happy to help you with any problems you may have. If not they are simply bad parents. Yes I can easily talk to my parents as they are very nice and always listen to me. However, if your parents do not want to listen talk to someone else.

My mum and my stepdad are fantastic, but they are also human. So if there is a problem that I feel they genuinely can't help me with I don't see the point in worrying them about it. But otherwise my mum is always there.

My dad on the other hand... :lol: Seriously he doesn't know me at all so I don't expect any help from him. You think that's harsh? He got my age wrong the other day, and I've been 17 for about half a year now.