Springboard Diving?

• Springboard Diving?

Hi everyone!

Are there any springboard divers out there on this forum who can point me in the right direction? :confused:
      I'm 15 and have never done springboard diving before, but it has always been an interest of mine. I have the opportunity to do it on my high school's swim and dive team, but I'm worried that I'm not cut out for it.

I used to take swim lessons when I was about 8, and was really powerful, but I got bored, wanted to do dive instead, and ended up stopping swimming altogether. I'm just okay at swimming now. I know that flexibility is a big factor in diving, and I'm not all that flexible. I've been working on that, and I'm not completely incapable, but I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of upperclassmen who 1) know what they're doing, and 2) I've never met before [going to a new school].

To add to it all, I'm not super slim either, and am just generally self-conscious of myself. :(
      I know this will take a lot of work, and hey - I might even try this and then discover that it isn't as great as I'd imagined!
      I guess I'm taking this here to get advice on the sport and some affirmation that I can do this - something I've wanted to do for a long time. :blush:

Thanks!