Why do people like Twitter so much?

• Why do people like Twitter so much?

It's just a bunch of people (especially girls) making pointless tweets everyday. I honestly could care less. The only real function is being able to get in touch with celebs but that's also pretty lame IMO

I don't even understand why others would want to follow random people in the first place

Post was edited 1 time, last by V1NC3 ().

• Re: Why do people like Twitter so much?

People could ask you why others like foruming so much?
      It's personal preference - it also has a large user base, therefore giving people more offers of communication etc.
      It is a social networking site after all.
      [CENTER]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Black"]When the city sleeps, I'm wide awake.
      You know what I see? High rises. Low lifes.
      Bright lights and back alleys.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

It's like everything else, why do people blog, why do people have facebook, why do people forum? It's just a social network they can rely on to constantly feed them with gossip, advice, opinions, debates, etc.
      [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="2"][CENTER][SIZE="2"] Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional! [/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

V1NC3 wrote:

It's just a bunch of people (especially girls) making pointless tweets everyday. I honestly could care less. The only real function is being able to get in touch with celebs but that's also pretty lame IMO

I don't even understand why others would want to follow random people in the first place

well i agree with it, think its stupid too. They make soo many pointless msgs on there what nobody really cares about.

Some friend was late ones at school last year and ive heard from someone else she said on twitter she was late and the reason why and such. Instead of tweeting that she could have been on the train already.
      really why should someone care about that stuff.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

Post was edited 1 time, last by black.star ().

Che wrote:

You follow random girls on twitter?

What a creep.

That was an example referring to what other people on Twitter do. Girls get the most followers because of child predators, nerds, and creepers :rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I lol'd

Well, you have to think. The only reason people like Facebook is because they can interact with their friends online and see statuses. And now that Facebook has gotten trashier, less people use Facebook. I have very few friends who still make statuses because Twitter is the new in thing.

I think Twitter is way cooler than Facebook ever was. I mean, just because someone wants to follow me doesn't mean I have to follow them, which I like a lot compared to Facebook because if someone friend requests you and wants to read your statuses, etc., they can still do that on Twitter without fucking with my newsfeed with their non sensible tweets. I also like Twitter because I think Bad Luck Bryan, Annoying Facebook Girl, Crazy Girlfriend, and other parodies are really funny. Also, you can follow celebrities, which I think is super cool because you get a taste of their personalities, and then of course you can tweet to them, which is super cool if they ever answer. One more thing I like about Twitter is that certain hashtags can trend locally and around the globe.

I didn't like Twitter at first either, but once you understand it you'll realize how fun it is.

V1NC3 wrote:

Why do people like TeenHut so much? It's just a bunch of people (40 year old men) making pointless posts everyday. I honestly could care less. The only real function is being able to post raunchy topics in Teen Sexuality but that's also pretty creepy IMO

I don't even understand why others care so much about penis size in the first place

I don't have a twitter account and I don't particularly enjoy the website, but I can at least recognize that it's absolutely no different than any other place on the internet where people like to tell the rest of the world about their lives. :lol: Besides, if you look past the crap, there's actually some decent and humorous content on Twitter.

wtfhappened wrote:

Well, you have to think. The only reason people like Facebook is because they can interact with their friends online and see statuses. And now that Facebook has gotten trashier, less people use Facebook. I have very few friends who still make statuses because Twitter is the new in thing.

I think Twitter is way cooler than Facebook ever was. I mean, just because someone wants to follow me doesn't mean I have to follow them, which I like a lot compared to Facebook because if someone friend requests you and wants to read your statuses, etc., they can still do that on Twitter without fucking with my newsfeed with their non sensible tweets. I also like Twitter because I think Bad Luck Bryan, Annoying Facebook Girl, Crazy Girlfriend, and other parodies are really funny. Also, you can follow celebrities, which I think is super cool because you get a taste of their personalities, and then of course you can tweet to them, which is super cool if they ever answer. One more thing I like about Twitter is that certain hashtags can trend locally and around the globe.

I didn't like Twitter at first either, but once you understand it you'll realize how fun it is.

If you like that parody stuff, then you will love reddit, 4chan, or 9gag because that's where it all comes from. Aside from that though, I will give Twitter a few more chances only because Facebook seems to be dying