Guys - Would you date your friends ex?

• Guys - Would you date your friends ex?

I'm 16 and a Junior in high school and so are my ex and his friend. My ex and I dated for about 8 months last year, only 6 officially, and broke up the middle of May. He broke up with me and whenever we run into each other since then he acts like I don't exist. One of his best friends and I have just recently started talking a lot when we see each other and it feels like there is a mutual attraction developing. The funny thing is that I've known his friend my entire life and have only known my ex for about a year. We don't text or anything so I'm probably getting a little ahead of myself, but with Homecoming coming up soon I'm starting to think about possible dates, etc. Anyway guys, would you ever consider dating one of your friends ex's if the relationship was short term and your friend ended it just because he wanted more freedom?
    • Re: Guys - Would you date your friends ex?

I'm not a guy, so my advice may not be what you're looking for, but I have to say it probably depends completely on the guy in question.

Personally, I'd go out with a friend's ex, but on these conditions:

1) It was a suitable amount of time after they broke up
      2) My friend is completely over her ex
      3) He didn't cheat on her or mistreat her (obvs)
      4) I know for sure that he likes me and is not simply trying to make my friend jealous

Short answer: no. Longer answer: You're just going to create a shit ton of unnecessary drama for yourself. Your ex will undoubtedly be pissed, and so you're ruining someone's relationship with their best friend for what? So you can have a date to your Junior year homecoming? Yeah that doesn't cut it. No girl would is worth the loss of a really good friend, and in the end he'll realize that. So no matter what it's probably not going to end in your favor.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Globalization ().

Personally I think it depends on how sensitive your friend is about them still. We brought the subject up several times about his ex who I liked for longer than he liked her and he didn't seem bothered that I liked her. I even told this girl that I liked her. But I'm a boy so maybe its different for girls?

korn264 wrote:

I'm 16 and a Junior in high school and so are my ex and his friend. My ex and I dated for about 8 months last year, only 6 officially, and broke up the middle of May. He broke up with me and whenever we run into each other since then he acts like I don't exist. One of his best friends and I have just recently started talking a lot when we see each other and it feels like there is a mutual attraction developing. The funny thing is that I've known his friend my entire life and have only known my ex for about a year. We don't text or anything so I'm probably getting a little ahead of myself, but with Homecoming coming up soon I'm starting to think about possible dates, etc. Anyway guys, would you ever consider dating one of your friends ex's if the relationship was short term and your friend ended it just because he wanted more freedom?

NO, I WOULDN'T DATE HER. BUT I'D FUCK HER AND GO ON MY MERRY WAY.