Help?! I can't understand him and I don't know if I should go for it.

• Help?! I can't understand him and I don't know if I should go for it.

Just a fair warning im new here and this will be pretty long so bare with me please.
      There's this guy in my trumpet section, he's a senior and I'm a junior. I'm really shy and quiet and I don't have a lot of self confidence so I don't talk much. Everyone in my section teases me in a kind of nice way but he is always really nice and is standing up for me. I really like him and I don't know If I'm reading his signals wrong. He told me at the end of last year (when he was still a junior) that he would visit me and only me after he graduates because when I'm a senior he said that I will look mighty fine. He has also told me that I'm one of he few people in my grade that doesn't annoy him but I'm afraid he's just being nice. Sometimes he will act kind of aloof to me but he does that with a lot of people. He is a very funny guy and is constantly making me laugh at the things he says and does. Three weeks ago during marching band we got a snack break and I went back into the school to refill my water and then I went back down to he band pad were a few of the trumpets and I sit and hang out and he and another trumpet were there. I heared him say oh look there's McKensi and then he told the other trumpet that in a year I would be a super fox. I didn't know if they knew I could hear them so I called out and said that I could hear them and he said he knew that and told me that I was a fox but that next year I would be super foxy. Two weeks ago a lot of the trumpets went to one of the sophomore trumpets house to swim right after band camp. I didnt have my bathing suit and most of us were still in what we wore for band camp. I was sitting on the edge of the pool with my legs hanging in and one of the guys came and pushed me in. As soon as surfaced the guy that I like was all "oh no she drowning we have to save her" so he got another senior and they lifted me out of the water and put me on the step. He knows that I'm a strong swimmer and he knew I wasn't drowning. Once he set me down he said he was sorry for feeling me up but he had to save me. Later on another girl got pushed in and he looked at me and said "I'm not gonna save her" Earlier that day when we were in the car he looked back at me from the passenger seat and started wiggling his eyebrows and made a funny face at me while I was trying to drink my water. He applogised for nearly making me spit out my water because I was trying not to laugh. He said he wouldnt try and make me laugh while I was drinking again. Later after we got out of the pool i was sitting next to him at a bar that over looked the pool he started talking to me about some personal things. He's not one to share his personal experiences with people so i felt pretty special that he was telling me these things. Then last night at practice we were marching on an actual foot ball field instead of our band pad so none of our sets were marked. For most of our show he is next to or really close ot all of my sets, so when our director told us to run to a certian set he was all "McKensi, McKensi, where's my spot? Where is it?"when he was standing in his spot and he kept grabbing my sleeve and tugging on it. Later on our way back up to the band hall we were walking together and he was just being really nice and funny. He has also told me about how he can sing and play the guitar, I really want to hear him play but I have no idea how to ask him to play for me. I can't tell if he is just being nice because I have never ever ever had anything close to a romantic relationship. I really need to know if I should try and flirt with him or if I should just give up. If I should go for it and try how would I flirt because I have the flirting skills of a snail and I'm super shy. Please help! Oh and sorry about the length.

The post was edited 1 time, last by That one quiet girl ().

• Re: Help?! I can't understand him and I don't know if I should go for it.

I RARELY EVER READ LONG POSTS. BUT MY GIRL IS OUT AND I'M LONELY. SO WHAT THE HELL.

ANYWAY, YOU GOT THE PERFECT CHANCE TO INITIATE A CONVERSATION WITH HIM.

BE LIKE, HEY BUD, REMEMBER YOU TOLD ME YOU SING AND PLAY...I'D REALLY LIKE TO HEAR YOU SING. FROM WHAT HE ANSWERS AND DOES, YOU WOULD GO TO THE NEXT STEP.

IF HE DOES SING FOR YOU, HE HAS SOME INTEREST.

IF HE DOESNT, WE WILL HAVE TO SEE....NEXT STEP.

AND HAS HE HAD RELATIONSHIPS BEFORE? IF HE HAS HAD RELATIONSHIPS, THEN HE WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU ONLY. THAT IS IT.

IF HE HAS NOT HAD RELATIONSHIPS, THEN HE COULD BE A GENUINE NICE KID AND JUST SHY TOWARDS ASKING YOU OUT. (THIS KIND RARELY EXIST, THEY ARE LIKE BIG FOOT.)

Yeah, I reckon there's a chance he could like you. Agreed with Anticondom in that you should ask him, to sing/play for you and ask him flirtatiously about the looks thing. I know flirting can be scary at first if you don't have much confidence but I'd advise you try and flirt with him, eventually it should come naturally. It's all about your tone of voice and body language really, I guess. Good luck:)

TheChristianHippie wrote:

... I hate posts when girls are all "Oh he's said nice things to me clearly he is IN LOVE WITH ME NURRR"

Haha, she never said she thought he loved her, she was asking for opinions on whether he could like her.
      It's really hard to tell over the internet what your relationship with this guy is actually like so you'll have to take a chance with this one I reckon.