About Coversations & New Friends

• About Coversations & New Friends

I have social anxiety and want to expess myself more so I can make new friends but I don't know how to. What should I do? Any advice?

Also when I am having a conversation with someone I am as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike when the conversation ends awkwardly. How do I pick up from the awkward part? Any advice?
      And when I talk to someone I have a bad habit of giving one worded answers such as yes, no etc.. Any advice?
    • Re: About Coversations & New Friends

I used to have this exact problem. Sometimes the best thing to do when a conversation dips into the awkward silence is to actually say, "Awkward..." and the two of you will probably laugh.

It's really easy to give one worded answers so try to add onto that response, I'll give you an example.

Bad Example:
      Friend: Today really sucked :\
      You: Yeah.

Good Example:
      Friend: Today really sucked :\
      You: I know what you mean, I (explain WHY it sucked).

^
      I don't really know if that was helpful but it made sense in my head...though this may be a bit different considering you are a male and I'm a female :P
      :hugs:[SIZE=4]BunnyChu[/SIZE]
    • Re: About Coversations & New Friends

BunnyChu wrote:

I used to have this exact problem. Sometimes the best thing to do when a conversation dips into the awkward silence is to actually say, "Awkward..." and the two of you will probably laugh.

It's really easy to give one worded answers so try to add onto that response, I'll give you an example.

Bad Example:
      Friend: Today really sucked :
      You: Yeah.

Good Example:
      Friend: Today really sucked :
      You: I know what you mean, I (explain WHY it sucked).

^
      I don't really know if that was helpful but it made sense in my head...though this may be a bit different considering you are a male and I'm a female :P

Yeah, it is different because I'm a boy and your a girl. When things do go awkward I can't go awkward or "totes awkey momo" LOL, but thanks for the help. :D :D.